Making Your Mark!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
smokindawg

Making Your Mark!

Post by smokindawg »

I have just finished my first pipe that I'm happy enough with to sell. Actually have it sold even. Anyway, I'm hoping to keep making pipes due to enjoying it and the interest in my in my work.

My question, who makes your stamps for making your mark. How intricate can they be made, how do they work as far as numbering your pipes and what kind of money can one expect too pay for such a stamp?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Thread convergence!!!

http://www.pipedia.org/index.php?title=Pipe_Making

Scroll down or search for "steel stamps".

Price varies with complexity, but most I've had made run in the $100 range - plus or minus.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Thanks Kurt, I had found that one and I emailed them. I'm waiting to hear back.
alan

Post by alan »

Figured I'd revive a thread instead of starting a new one...

Since the folks at A & M don't appear to have a website do you just send the image you want to their email? Is there a certain pixel size you should make the image? How big are the stamps you fellas use? When ordering do you specify how big you want the letters or just how big you want the overall stamp to be?

:lol: I think that's all I wanted to ask
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Paul will make a stamp from whatever you send him. I use Gimp to create the images, then make sure they look good reduced to actual size, and send Paul the image file via email.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com