Stamp Design!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
smokindawg

Stamp Design!

Post by smokindawg »

With help from my wife, we've come up with a design for the stamp I'll be using on my pipes. I'll also be using 3/32" number stamps to stamp a date/pipe number code. I'll figure out just what type code I want to use once I get the stamp and figure out just how and where I want to stamp my pipes.

I wanted something that would be simple to make stamping easy. I also wanted something to the point. My last name being Greathouse, I thought that I'd just use the initial G in the outline of a house. I think about 1/4" x 1/4" from measuring other stamps I've checked. I may have to go with a lower roof slope for the house shaped outline.

Here is the design that we came up with!
Briarfox

Post by Briarfox »

Cool idea, i was actually thinking about something along those lines as well =P Last name being Houser :D
Chris Houser
-Houser Handmade-

http://www.houserhandmadepipes.com/
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Looks good. Remember stamping briar can be a sticky wicket. You actually have to roll the stamp on. This design looks quite "rollable"
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com