First picture post on here.

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Schubeck

First picture post on here.

Post by Schubeck »

I finally mustered up enough courage to post some pictures of one of my pipes. The picture quality is not the best, so ya'll will just have to bear with me. I made this pipe for my brother and tried my best to make this pipe look like a Simpson Racing Helmet. My brother is really big into drag racing, and he also smokes a pipe. If you can gather any sort of opinion from these photos, I would gladley accept your comments and critiques.

here is the link
http://sites.google.com/site/demaugapipes/home
NateTheBookie

Re: First picture post on here.

Post by NateTheBookie »

Is that a motorcycle helmet? Interesting shape... I feel like it needs more color... Maybe a contrast finish or stem inlay? Definitely a unique pipe though!
Schubeck

Post by Schubeck »

It is a helmet they sell for automotive racing.The pipe is kind of dark, I agree. I had a nice Orange swirl acrylic stem that I was making for it, but my 1/16" drill bit thought it would be a great idea to break off inside of the actylic whlie I was drilling it. So I went with a cumberland stem instead. I'm still learning on what works and what doesn't. Thanks for the feedback.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Luke! I'm your father!

OK, sorry there. But I really couldn't help myself. Nice finishing. Pretty nifty shape too.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

It is hard to get dark colors to show-up in photos. Using a light box (a lot of difused light around) and a white background helps. Your photos are pretty good, though. Very unusual pipe. I like it. pretty cool (otherwise I probably would not comment).