An Anne Julie inspired pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Nick

An Anne Julie inspired pipe

Post by Nick »

Well, i finally took another swing at a floral themed pipe. The pipe came out really well. My best yet. Not perfect though. The silver isn't quite a flush fit. Just a hair off here and there. The stem could be a bit longer. Ohh! One thing i did learn, when using a colored , carved stem, make sure that the stain doesn't sink into the cracks. I'm planning on fixing this this afternoon. The stem shank fit is excelent. (Yay me!) and quite slim and comfy at the bit. The pipe was supposed to be a stack, but that didn't work out. The pipe is actually cracked in the bowl, hence the band. A local silversmith made the bands, and i carved them up to match the pipe.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Phil

Re: An Anne Julie inspired pipe

Post by Phil »

How big is it Nick? I think it looks good...
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Very delicate carving, I like it. In particular I like the way the carving works into the stem and the bands. How did you bevel the rim of the bowl? Countersink? Files?
Abi Natur

Post by Abi Natur »

This pipe looks antique ,the silver inlay is well carved into the pipe.I just can't be friend with the stem color, it needs also some more fiddling work on the stem transition .
The pipe has indeed charisma of Anne Julie paintings.
" Keep it simple until it gets complicated "

http://www.canaanpipes.com/