Zippo Lighters

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
prolax14

Zippo Lighters

Post by prolax14 »

Hey Guys,
I have noticed that alot of Pipe Makers give custom lighters with each of their pipes, could anyone point me to a source of where i could order custom lighters in bulk for a good price?

Thanks,
Zach Klein
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Re: Zippo Lighters

Post by baweaverpipes »

I always gift my buyers with a S.T. Dupont lighter, with their first purchase. Thereafter, it's a Dunhill.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Pipe makers gift lighters with their pipes? That's news by me. Who are we talking about here?

About the most I've done is a pack of cleaners and a box of matches. With some regular customers, the ones that I speak to on a regular basis and have become very acquainted with, I've included some special gifts in the past (pocket knives, etc), but not for just anyone. And that's usually gifted because I want their input on it - "Would you mind if I sent you a pocket knife? It's a new design I'm working on and I'd love your input on it.".
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Leus

Post by Leus »

KurtHuhn wrote:"Would you mind if I sent you a pocket knife? It's a new design I'm working on and I'd love your input on it.".
What do you expect to hear? "Why yes, I would mind"? :lol:

I would never mind if somebody gave me a nice handcrafted knife. Except if it thrown at me. In that case I would mind.
prolax14

Post by prolax14 »

Maybe i am just assuming that whenever i see pipes displayed next to custom zippos that they come with the pipe :?
KurtHuhn wrote:Dear Zach.... "Would you mind if I sent you a pocket knife? It's a new design I'm working on and I'd love your input on it.".
and sure id love to have one ! :wink: :thumbsup:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

prolax14 wrote:Maybe i am just assuming that whenever i see pipes displayed next to custom zippos that they come with the pipe :?
Ah! Not typically. Those are usually just there to provide scale so that the customer has an idea of the size of the pipe.
KurtHuhn wrote:Dear Zach.... "Would you mind if I sent you a pocket knife? It's a new design I'm working on and I'd love your input on it.".
and sure id love to have one ! :wink: :thumbsup:
Sure! All you have to do is drop a kilobuck once or twice a year on my pipes and chances are good you might find one in a package. :D
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
prolax14

Post by prolax14 »

KurtHuhn wrote:
Sure! All you have to do is drop a kilobuck once or twice a year on my pipes and chances are good you might find one in a package. :D
Just maybe i will! :notworthy:
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

baweaverpipes wrote:I always gift my buyers with a S.T. Dupont lighter, with their first purchase. Thereafter, it's a Dunhill.
I'll be ordering a dozen pipes Bruce. I prefer silver finishes, no gold - Thanks.