X-Ray Vision

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
tigercasual

X-Ray Vision

Post by tigercasual »

Okay guys,

I'm in the process of placing my orders for the last of my supplies and I plan on drilling and carving the stems for the next batch... so... that brings me to my question...

Does anyone have a cutaway diagram (and or a picture of a stem cut in half) so I can see what it's supposed to like in there? I think that will help me figure out what I'm doing and what bits to order.

Cheers,
Danny
BriarWorldNick

Re: X-Ray Vision

Post by BriarWorldNick »

This is an awesome idea, I would love to see something like this for the shank as well, and possibly something showing how a pipe looks when moisture chambers have been put into use.
There is nothing like being left alone again, to walk peacefully with oneself in the woods. To boil one's coffee and fill one's pipe, and to think idly and slowly as one does it.

~ Knut Hamsun
TimGeorge
Site Supporter

Post by TimGeorge »

For starters, here is a picture Rad posted at some point for some reason (stain penetration I think). Obviously, ignore the burn out area ...

I saved it for the outline of the squashed tomato, but have yet to give it a try. :)
Regards,
Tim
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Here's a picture of the v-slot in a stem; I've never seen a picture of a stem cut in half that allows you to see it from this side, probably because they're too thin to slice this way.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4346&p=36698&hilit ... lic#p36698
tigercasual

Post by tigercasual »

Thanks for the pics, guys!