A Studdy Ingrain - "The Tilted Pot Story" by Mike Messer

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Re: A Studdy Ingrain - "The Tilted Pot Story" by Mike Messer

Post by baweaverpipes »

Now, I don't knows about you boys, but ever time I be thinkin about this hear post. I be thinkin about my sweet little cousen an how much fun it wud be to ingrane wif her. She be mity cute and usuns down har in Alabammy thinks it ain't nuthin but naturl to have fun with sweet young thangs. I hered thar wuz some feller down south uf me that likes farm animuls, but that ain't rite and he be sum high falutin pipe makur. I dun red alls about tiltin an stanky stuff. You boys no nuthin about stank til ya been wif ol Joleen and she tilts coze uf a gimpy leg. This hear is all a bunch uf silly talkin abouts tilt, stank, whutever shor d hardness be (usuns take poke salat mixted wif bee stinger to make it hard) an high pricin. Pappa said, after slaughterin a hog that if ya smell it, ya ain't gonna sell it. Well, sum uf them pips jes stank.
U boys needs ta muve to anutter subjek, like how that hillbilly makes pipes that look lik they dun ben wittlud with an ax or wy I dont unerstan a thang Thad Johnstun says or wy Simon be meen ta that Weever feller or wy that thar Tiler be so evel or how Stev Morisonet and Rod Davies ain't brothurs or wy Bad Poledancer lives in tha woods or how Satsquash be tha next Boregard North or wy Mike Mesher ain't a diplomat.
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

Mikey,

Point? What point if any was there for me to get? Your thoughts/posts are random, lengthy and completely pointless at times.

If you have to explain a piece of art in such detail, then it lacks the true quality of being art. You don't see a dissertation on a Dylan album cover. Picasso didn't have to put a placard under each painting to educate the viewer. There's no list of ingredients, specifically where they are from, what time of year they were harvested, typical rainfall of the region or the type of metal used for the container on a tin of Dunhill 965. People just know these are good works of art.

If you have to go back to an earlier post edit it and/or add smiley faces to soften the delivery, your comments begin lack the "umph" of authority.

Backtracking a bit to:
P.P.P.S. I was wondering. You joined the forum, Sat Aug 09, 2008, and posted a bit through Mon Sep 22, 2008. Then, nothing until Sat May 15, 2010. Why the big gap?
I also decided to simply take a break rather than come back to the forum as a completely and coincidentally different Brandon Brooks. Maybe I'll go all Star Trek on you guys, set up a second profile and call myself "evilbandkbrooks". I will grow a goatee to add to the effect. Maybe you should take the precious time used to research my past posting frequency and put it towards the study of making pipes.

Much love,

Bandy

P.S.(to the umpteenth power): Hey Bruce; hey Todd, anyone...I've fallen into the Messer vortex and I can't get up.

P.S. (to the umpteenth power x2): I decided that since I’ve taken time away from making pipes, getting a second cup of coffee or…well practically anything else, that I would create some art. I call it “Another Satisfied Customer”.

EDIT: Sorry Brandon, I got a "copyright violation" notice concerning your image. I thought it was great, and quite funny, but I felt I should comply with the request. Instead, I've replaced it with an image that I think reflects the "facepalm" moments this thread has generated. Enjoy. --Kurt

Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

This thread is like, totally Shakepearean, dude. Like, first it was funny, then it got kind of scary, and then, like, it got all sad and weird, and now it's all funny again, man. That's totally tubular.

PS Bruce, I'm pretty interested in that cousin.

PPS Brandon, that's an awesome photo.

PPPS Brandon: "Fight me, Jimmy, fight me!"
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
bandkbrooks wrote:
.....................................Point? What point.............................................?

.......If you have to explain a piece of art....................................................
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Speaking of lengthy, meaningless...Forgive me, dear Brandon, but I felt I needed to edit your post, to get to the point. It wasn't so much a stated point, as it was a demonstrated point, and you did react and retaliate. Did you not?

THE POINT was that, when insulted, many people have a tendency to react, and often will retaliate.

As for the part about discussion of a art work. The art world is a vast sea of discussion of art works, both by artists, and others. Either you are ignorant, or you are just attempting to be a PITA, as mentioned in THE POINT.

P.S. For the record, I have several definitions of the term THE POINT:
1. the most important detail in a discussion
2. The United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
3. "The point, monsieur, is the end of my saber. Kiss it or die." (But I only use this definition figuratively, not literally.)
4. The point is the top of one's head.

P.P.S. I'm saving a copy of your arty picture of Spock smoking my pipe. I hope you don't mind me violating your Copyright.

P.P.P.S. Bruce, whud ur yu talkn' 'bout? (but, so true, I am not a bullshit salesman, polititian, or ... a diplomat)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

This thread probably should have been closed earlier, but better late than never.

The forum is worse off because of some of the comments made in this thread. For that reason, it is now closed.