payment options - advice needed.....

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ND Pipes

payment options - advice needed.....

Post by ND Pipes »

Hi guys...
i am making pipes for few months now... most of my pipes were made as a gift or sold to my friends in my surroundings... however, i would like to make some pipes for anybody that would be interested to buy them all arround the world....

the problem is payment... in my country (Croatia) i still don't have a PayPal account active for receiving money (i can send money but can't receive it), so i don't really know what to do to offer a good and reliable service to a future customer related transfering money to me...
i have an option of money bank transfer to my account and a Western Union ... even if they are o.k. and working i still think that PayPal offers a more "secure" feeling to a future customers... maybe it is just me, but it seems to me this is so...
can somebody suggest me how to solve the problem of sending money to me if i don't have a PayPal option (for now).... or just tell me what to do and if those options i have now are o.k. or not....?????
many, many thanks to all of you and best regards
daniel
"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
kola

Re: payment options - advice needed.....

Post by kola »

Greetings Daniel,

I refuse to do any electronic or internet money transactions.

I live in the US and bought a pipe from a man in Germany. I sent him a money order that I purchased from the local post office and mailed it to him. He accepted it and had no problems cashing it in.

Would personal checks work as well?

Kola
Daniel Y

Post by Daniel Y »

Daniel, If it si at all possible to set up payments through pay pal I would highly recommend it.
Otherwise you might want to check with your bank and see if they have any services for making safe and secure transactions. They may be able to set you up with credit card ability and all. I cannot think of the name of it right now but I have used one other "Shopping cart" type service. you might try searching for some online and see if any will suit your needs. I know that past transactions I have had in India that they where pretty much limited to their bank. But the bank did have a solution for them.
nolo

Post by nolo »

How about Google Checkout? No monthly fee. reasonable rates and there are a bunch of ways to use it. I like the send and email invoice with a link to pay: https://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_email.html
flix

Post by flix »

Um, 3.9% + $.30 per transaction is pretty steep for out of country fees...
nolo

Post by nolo »

yeah, I missed that extra 1% fee. But it looks like PayPal would be 3.9% +.30 too. Anyway, it looks like Google Checkout is only good for US/UK merchants.
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

first - thanks to all answers...

@kola - money order - o.k. - that is also an option.. thank you...

@Daniel Y - PayPal does not work for me as I can't receive money through it, only send it... allready checked that for several times during last few years....

@nolo & others - Google Checkout - hmmm... sounds interesting and i tried to make it work for me, allready in setting up but i can't make it work for my country (it seems)... from what i can see, they offer only USA and UK for sellers....so, it seems that Google Checkout is no good for me....
to bad....

Daniel Y

Post by Daniel Y »

Daniel, Sounds familiar. Pay Pal simply does not offer all services everywhere. I didn't think of Google checkout but have heard of a lot of people going to it. even old pay pal customers.

As for 3.9% + $0.30 per transaction being to much. Think so? where is the better deal with better or even equal service?
Daniel Y

Post by Daniel Y »

Daniel, See if this one works for you. It is another that several people recommend.
http://www.easycharge.net/?adcenter=prod

One more
BancCard merchant account for credit card payments

And yet one more maybe.
Squareup.com!

What devices can I use with Square?

Square is available for iPhone, iPod touch (2G+), iPad, Nexus One, Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid X, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Evo, HTC Hero, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S series, and the LG Ally.

Charges vary with all the above. One comment was made about there being a transaction limit of $500 on Propay but that was fixed with a phone call to them.

oops one more but no info or link to the service. but here is the comment
"We use Merchant Warehouse. We kinda thought that might be "overkill" too. But what we found was that the fees ($7.95 per month) worked out to about the same as Propay, with no daily limits, LESS THAN HALF THE DISCOUNT RATE, free IP terminal (which tethers to any smart phone or notebook computer),no contracts, no YEARLY PREPAYMENT, and the ability to pay once for shows AND website, and by paying debit card rate for debit cards instead of the higher credit card rate.

We saved over 70 percent on credit card processing by going directly to one of the "big three"

I suspect they mean the "Big Three" as being Visa, MasterCard and American Express. They gave no details on exactly how they went directly to them for credit card service though. I assume it is part of Merchant Warehouse.
Keep in mind the are not talking saving 70% off of charges like Pay Pal. they are discussing charges associated with remote service that have up front yearly charges and such. most of these amount to a few hundred dollars just to set up the account and keep it active. Seems Merchant Warehouse avoids a lot of those.
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

Dear Daniel, i will look through all those links you just kindly provided for me... thank you so much for everything - hope something from those will work... :)
best regards
daniel

Charl

Post by Charl »

I had exactly the same problem as well, Daniel. Luckily a local bank went into "collaboration" with paypal, so that we can also receive money now. All at a fee of course!
Before that, I've had to use Western Union once. What a schlep! :banghead: Never again!
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

well, from this year it seems that we can have a bank account in other countries... i have to investigate this option - maybe this option will be a good one for making a PayPal account in a different country connected to that account in that other country... will have to see that....
o.k.... Western Union so far....
i was investigating MoneyBookers... still do that...