A fit of jealousy

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Sasquatch

A fit of jealousy

Post by Sasquatch »

SWM is getting a lot of praise for cutting a pipe shaped like a fish, and I just can't stand it. So I thought I'd post an ultra-orthodox pipe or two so that the forum does not fall into the abyss of "art".

My third straight pipe OF THE YEAR! It's like a sickness. Cumberland Yachtsman, practicing contrast staining based on a conversation I had with Brute Weaner, Famous Pipe Guy.

A little fat pot - made based on customer's sketch. "Is it done yet is it done yet is it done yet how bout now is it done yet?"

A skinny little Bing (very happy with the stummel on this one, the stem had just a tiny wobble in it that I didn't see till the photo-flash got it, right near the stummel. This was not a fun stem to cut in acrylic. Probably wouldn't have been any more fun with rubber...

and a Sasquatch Special, big bent and blasted. Forgot to blast the top though. Oh well.

I might not produce anything brilliant or perfect, but goddam it I produce enough of 'em. :lol: :lol:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
SWM

Re: A fit of jealousy

Post by SWM »

..., but goddam it I produce enough of 'em. :lol: :lol:
You tell 'em man! :lol: :lol: :lol: My turnout is so low, Walle keeps calling me on the phone to make sure I'm awake!

As for these pipes shaped as - ahm, ah, well ...'pipes' - I like them! Especially the pot (the rim!!! :thumbsup: ) and the Bing are my thing!

Best,

Steffen

"Straight lines are hard. That's why I do curves..."
„If you can dream it, you can do it." (Walt Disney)
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

Oh boy... these are sooo classy.. very nice pipes.. like them all.. Sas, when i would go for a classical shaped pipe, i would for sure go and look for some of your works... these are seimply wonderful... thanks for sharing....
:)
"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

I LOVE the finish on the first one. Do tell how you went about it please. I love the bing and the sas special especially.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

BTW - big bent and blasted sounds like a really interesting Saturday night.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Nate

Post by Nate »

Very nice Sas, all of them!
JMG

Post by JMG »

The first doesn't seem to be as tightly done as the other three...either that or it's just not my cup of tea. However, the other are really stinkin' great. Nice.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

It's not quite as tight ... mixing grace and tight lines is a little iffy for me yet. Not sure if the slight bulge in the shank, the sort of smudgy transition to bowl works or not ... I mean, the pipe sold in two seconds, so obviously someone didn't mind that, but not having done this shape before, I'm not totally at ease with the "tightness" factor there.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Those look nice Sas. One thing I noticed on the first (and something that Rad pointed out long ago about a cutty of mine) is that the shank should be the same length as the height of the top of the shank to the top of the bowl. I really like the stain/finish on it though and all in all they look great.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

Very nice pipes! Although i have allot to learn still about the different shapes and the names that go along with them. I am very proud however of maxmil's and walle's pipes! although traditional pipes look cool and very slick, i have always looked foreword to seeing new pipes. Like the ones from maxmil and walle, and this new "Ryukin" the art work is by far, "thinking outside the box" and thats just what i was looking for. Anyway, your pipes are still very nice and well made. Thank you so much for the view! :D