Wonderful Copenhagen

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
jesperff

Wonderful Copenhagen

Post by jesperff »

I'm on my way to Copenhagen to the pipe show / European Cup in slow pipe smoking. Since I suck at the latter I will not participate this year (4 years ago I finished first and was thus the poorest pipesmoker in Denmark) but I have a table at the show. Some 30 American pipes, both new and estates, by guys like Tinsky, Cannoy, West, Nachwalter (my favourite), Mickles and others. And the usual Danish pipes by Eltang, Anne Julie, Ilsted, Winslow and more.

Tomorrow after dinner I'll be at Eltangs party, it should be worth watching on his web cams at www.eltang.com when a dozen pipemakers join forces and make a pipe together. Things start around 9am EST

What are you guys doing this weekend <g>

Cheers, Jesper
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hello Jesper,

Sounds like you have a fun filled weekend ahead of you. Wow what a blast to be able to hang out with such talent.

Here in the states it is Halloween this weekend, so it will be a festive weekend for the kids this weekend. A Halloween party tonight for their friends from school and trick or treating tomorrow night.

I will have to make some time to hit Eltang's web cam and check out the party.

Enjoy your weekend!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Yes, what a thrill. I'll make time to tune in as well.
Good to see you made it home alright Jesper after your little "mix-up" in Richmond.....just kidding buddy!
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Nick

Post by Nick »

Sounds way cool Jesper. And don't fret about the slow smoking thing. I suck at it too. I'm sure I would have gone out before you.

Do you have your estate pipes up on the web anywhere? I'm a huge Anne Julie fan, and would love to see your pipes.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I am envious Jesper. I sure would love to go!

I read elsewhere that the pipe that all the makers collaborate on is going to be auctioned off, with proceeds ging to developing a discussion board like this one for the Scandinavian pipe makers. I tried to talk Tom into just using this one, but alas, his heart is set on his own. :cry:

Ah well...

:)

Tyler
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

see you in Copehagen Jesper

Best
Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Tyler,
I recieved an email yesterday from Europe, about a new website, The Grand Masters. Check it out, I don't know if Tom has anything to do with it.

www.grandmasters.dk

Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Nick

Post by Nick »

Way cool! I wanna go to the school!