Just me having fun...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

Just me having fun...

Post by billiard »

Ya-hey,

Folks, just being honest when I say: I'm a 45 year old guy with a day job, wife, and 3 kids and this is about my only hobby so if I get 4 hours once every 3 weeks or so to myself, blow less than $40 on parts, and spend some quality time in the garage with my dog while drinking some nice hard apple ciders... well I am quite happy with that and to be dead honest most of the time could really care less how the pipe comes out, so long as it smokes well.

To all you serious pipe makers on here: Thanks very much for putting up with the random gallery posts from us guys just playing, it is very nice to get to feel as if you are part of a community. As a pipe collector I can tell you that reading your posts on here, the little bits I do in the garage, and all that goes with it truly enhances the respect I have for some of your skillsets.

Even though some of you are douchebags.

:)

Cheers,
Billiard

Oh yeah: 6" X 1&3/4" X .75" X 5/32" X 6 hard apple ciders X 2 bowls of Carter Hall
Sasquatch

Re: Just me having fun...

Post by Sasquatch »

Bill I have one just like that in my tackle box for bonking trout with. :lol:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
HumblePipe

Post by HumblePipe »

Well, I think I love this pipe just from your explanation of why you do it. Maybe I can relate, but in all honesty, this pipe is nice none the less. Thanks for sharing it!
billiard

Post by billiard »

That's why I left all that extra wood in there Sas, makes it nice and Sturdy that way!

Thanks humble pipe, it's a lot cheaper than therapy ;)
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

billiard wrote: it's a lot cheaper than therapy ;)
You got that right, i could'nt agree more!

Nice pipe you have made there billiard. :thumbsup:
billiard

Post by billiard »

Boekweg, and people will pay us for our therapy sessions too! :D

(sorry for the bump all, this thought made me smile was all)
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

billiard wrote:Ya-hey,
Folks, just being honest when I say: I'm a 45 year old guy with a day job, wife, and 3 kids and this is about my only hobby so if I get 4 hours once every 3 weeks or so to myself, blow less than $40 on parts, and spend some quality time in the garage with my dog while drinking some nice hard apple ciders... well I am quite happy with that and to be dead honest most of the time could really care less how the pipe comes out, so long as it smokes well.

To all you serious pipe makers on here: Thanks very much for putting up with the random gallery posts from us guys just playing, it is very nice to get to feel as if you are part of a community. As a pipe collector I can tell you that reading your posts on here, the little bits I do in the garage, and all that goes with it truly enhances the respect I have for some of your skillsets.

Even though some of you are douchebags.

:)

Cheers,
Billiard

Oh yeah: 6" X 1&3/4" X .75" X 5/32" X 6 hard apple ciders X 2 bowls of Carter Hall
HAHAHA....Wow, very well put! You rock my man! Very handsome pipe as well!
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

That's a pretty good pipe, especially for just fiddling around. :thumbsup:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
flix

Post by flix »

Fine work, Bill. Keep it up and you could give up your day job and start being a professional "non-pipemaker" ;)