Our passion on display for the world to see!

General pipe discussion
bscofield

Our passion on display for the world to see!

Post by bscofield »

Well... sort of. Did anyone notice that the new nickle (as in .05 coin) has a pipe on the back for the new design. I'm not up on the nickel designs so I don't know if there are several or not but the one I'm looking at right now has a pair of hands shaking (pilgrim and native american) and above that a criss-cross of an axe and a PIPE. It's looks like churchwarden version of a dublin or something similar...
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Ben,

I saw that too. I do beleive they have a couple of different designs out now for the new nickels.

When I first saw that I got all excited and showed my wife....and she just looked at me like I was crazy. Imagine that!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

You Americans are far behind (as usual one could add) -- the Danish 500 Kroner bank note (app $90) shows Niels Bohr smoking a large full bent pipe..

Cheers, Jesper
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

The 500 kroner note is only worth $90 and we're behind?

:lol:
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

jesperff wrote:You Americans are far behind (as usual one could add) -- the Danish 500 Kroner bank note (app $90) shows Niels Bohr smoking a large full bent pipe..

Cheers, Jesper
Jesper,

Is there a giant mushroom cloud of smoke emenating from that full bent pipe? 8O BTW speaking of "behind," does Denmark need a new air compressor for sandblasting? That one at Stanwell is bound to be on its last leg. I'm sure we've got some extra ones we could send you . . . :lol:

Todd--waiting for Jesper to talk about pipes being "blasted out of shape"
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

ToddJohnson wrote: Todd--waiting for Jesper to talk about pipes being "blasted out of shape"
I'm not opening this can of worms even if I was tempted with the thread about mediocre Danish blasting on alt.smokers.pipes recently. But I know what I have seen with my own eyes: amazing blasting on expensive American pipes that were a bit out of shape to put it friendly. Very friendly actually... ;-)

Cheers, Jesper
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

jesperff wrote:
ToddJohnson wrote: Todd--waiting for Jesper to talk about pipes being "blasted out of shape"
I'm not opening this can of worms even if I was tempted with the thread about mediocre Danish blasting on alt.smokers.pipes recently. But I know what I have seen with my own eyes: amazing blasting on expensive American pipes that were a bit out of shape to put it friendly. Very friendly actually... ;-)

Cheers, Jesper
Hey Jesper,

I was actually not aware of any thread on ASP, but I'm sure it was a real doozie. Seriously, some of my favorite blasts come from Lars and Former. And I love Jess' new blasts that I suspect he's doing at Former's place. And yes, I suppose I can admit that I've seen a few pipes that were slightly misshapen from overblasting :wink:
BriarBrian

Post by BriarBrian »

i think it is just a matter of preference. im sure that everyone has their own criteria that makes a blast *nice* to them. neither is right and neither way is wrong( deep carved or shallow evenly carved).
Im sure if you ask a cooke collector they would say that his is the nicest blast to them, but on the other hand if you ask a bang collector , they would say the same thing. so neither is wrong or right, jus wrong or rght to the individual.