2 more (11/27/11)

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

2 more (11/27/11)

Post by billiard »

Ya know, I never know how to preface my posts. I want to be honest and say I am just here for the social/community aspect of it all but I think people assume I am hiding from a review by saying that... so feel free to tear them up if you want, I aint hiding :) but truly I just do this to drink beer in my garage once in awhile an get my break from work/family/reality. If my day job ever ends (and I sure hope it doesn't) I will put the beer up and try like heck to make pipes I can sell for a lot of money... until the bank takes the house away that is... and that wouldn't take long if I had to rely on my pipes! SO it is just me doing for fun, and that's all.

That said, here are the most recent two I made.

This first one is another one of them nosewarmer's and I have made enough of these now that I am going to stop making them for a few shapes so I can learn something else. I only took these two pics, sent them to my email list as "upcoming" as it wasn't all cleaned up yet but it got claimed, so these are all the pics:

This next one is what I call "Over Bent". I made it for a friend of mine who likes really bent pipes.

It's got an off centered tenon so I could exagerrate the bend. I pretty much made it without power tools, really just to see how much work\time it is, prolly won't make more that way since I could have made a couple of other pipes just in the time it took to make the stem on this one. More pics and write up here if anyone is interested. Likewise I doubt if I will ever do the full metal lathe thing and all that... but the 12" disc sure makes it fast and maybe someday a bandsaw if I ever run across a real good deal on one.

Now family visiting for the holidays and I will much look forward to my next spell in the garage.

Cheers all,
Bill
Archer

Re: 2 more (11/27/11)

Post by Archer »

I agree wholeheartedly, and those are some nice pipes!
billiard

Post by billiard »

Newcarver wrote:I agree wholeheartedly, and those are some nice pipes!
Thanks Newcarver :)
taharris

Post by taharris »

I particularly like that little nose warmer.

Todd
billiard

Post by billiard »

Hey thanks Todd! :)
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

those are some nice little monsters :) :) :)
congrats....
"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
billiard

Post by billiard »

Thanks much :) :)