Bandsaw blades

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Alden

Re: Bandsaw blades

Post by Alden »

staffwalker wrote:
Edward wrote:
When two hands aren't enough, I just throw my junk up on the piece I'm working. Its quicker than clamping the piece, and all that weight holds it down pretty well.
I'm really careful though, with saws chisels and such.

I wouldn't want to grab the side of that thing with a sharp saw, no telling how many teeth it'd break off if it didnt just outright bust the blade in two.
It's easy to see that last poster is from Texas. Texicans have the meanest dog, fastest horse, prettiest woman, biggest dick and drink lite beer. Somehow, I've always found that to be a little hilarious. bob gilbert :roll:

That Gilbert fellow is absolutely right about horses, dogs, dicks, and women. But, I'm a proper Texian, though I get along fine with Texicans.
I dont always drink and drive, but when I do, I prefer Miller Lite.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

staffwalker wrote:
Edward wrote:

It's easy to see that last poster is from Texas. Texicans have the meanest dog, fastest horse, prettiest woman, biggest dick and drink lite beer. Somehow, I've always found that to be a little hilarious. bob gilbert :roll:

That Gilbert fellow is absolutely right about horses, dogs, dicks, and women. But, I'm a proper Texian, though I get along fine with Texicans.
I was fairly sure you did. Most TEXICANS, (no offense meant by the word, John Wayne used it in one of his movies and I just always liked it), do drink lite beer. Had a regional distributor tell me one time if Texas disappeared from earth most of his beer companies would have to close their lite beer breweries. He said more lite beer was sold in Texas than in the rest of the US combined. Guess I could never reconcile the righteous indignation evidenced by those who insist the four declarations are true while sipping on a lite beer. Doesn't it strike you as funny that the most macho men on earth drink the litest beer?
Alden

Post by Alden »

staffwalker wrote:
staffwalker wrote:
Edward wrote:

I was fairly sure you did. Most TEXICANS, (no offense meant by the word, John Wayne used it in one of his movies and I just always liked it), do drink lite beer. Had a regional distributor tell me one time if Texas disappeared from earth most of his beer companies would have to close their lite beer breweries. He said more lite beer was sold in Texas than in the rest of the US combined. Guess I could never reconcile the righteous indignation evidenced by those who insist the four declarations are true while sipping on a lite beer. Doesn't it strike you as funny that the most macho men on earth drink the litest beer?
Well I have a theory I just came up with, but it sounds right to me.
The first thing about Miller Lite is that its cheap, and you can drink lots of it. Rednecks love a bargain.
The other thing is when you work in the sun a lot, sweating your butt off all day, a couple cans of good cold Lite beer hit the spot where a Stout or IPA or any number of stronger beers would just be too much.
Or fishing all day in the summer sun, you can drink ice cold Millers all day long and never get too drunk. I could chug a cold Miller or sip on IPAs, but I'd rather drink 2-3 Millers over 1 IPA.
Standing around the backyard smoking a brisket for 2 days straight. Miller.
So I think the answer is; Rednecks spend a lot of time outside, Texas is Hot, Lite beer tastes good in the sun :)
loosvelt

Post by loosvelt »

Have any of you guys tried a metal cutting bandsaw? I have wood and metal and I like the metal one better for briar. I haven't used it that much because I have been focusing on knives but from what I can tell my variable speed portaband cuts easier and safer. 10-14 TPI Ill post a pic.

Nate
“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Nietzsche

Green Eyes, Black Rifles, and Briar Pipes....
loosvelt

Post by loosvelt »

The briar slayer! Variable speed portaband, set up vertical. Great for titanium and steel too.

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Nietzsche

Green Eyes, Black Rifles, and Briar Pipes....