Jet 920 New & Old

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
andrew

Re: Jet 920 New & Old

Post by andrew »

I know, I know :D . I was just seeing if I could pry him away from whatever he was doing. Well, more like provoke.... 8)
I don't think it's gonna work. I'm not very good at provoking people anyway, not intentionally at least :mrgreen: .
e Markle

Re: Jet 920 New & Old

Post by e Markle »

andrew wrote:(I don't own a jet, I scanned the manuals on their site....) So here's what I found:

As best I can tell, the newer one has more threading capabilities than the older one and a slightly larger spindle bore. Full 7/8" as opposed to 25/32". Motors are the same, speeds are the same. So unless threading stuff really gets you going, sounds like the same machine. Oh, the newer one also has an extra 1/4" of swing over the bed and weighs more, it's a fatty version of the old one. And the knobs are on the front... wait, you knew that.

Hope this helps.

Good night and good luck.
Thanks for the breakdown. I was really just concerned with the gears and pulleys. I'm tempted to buy a new one, but I was hoping that I could cannibalize from one to keep the second going should I need to.