Hello, short introduction and thanks

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
wmolaw

Hello, short introduction and thanks

Post by wmolaw »

Just wanted to say hi to all, and thanks. I've been lurking for several months as I have tried my hand at pipe carving. It's fun, period, and complicated enough to hold my interest for several years, I hope.

And I want to thank everyone who participates on this forum, you can't imagine the questions you have answered for me, though I never asked them as the search function works wonderfully (Yes, I read both Tyler's and Kurt's letters in the "Read This Before Joining" section and took all they said to heart).

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and introduce myself.
AaronC

Re: Hello, short introduction and thanks

Post by AaronC »

Welcome!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

welcome.. and may you have fun...

james
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Welcome!

Glad you decided to post.
Growley

Post by Growley »

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your pipes.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Thanks all. I have a long way to go to post any of my attempts! Only five or so now, and am still struggling, and I mean struggling with stems and numerous other aspects of carving.

Slowly but surely taking over my basement to the chagrin of my wife, but given my attitude improvement she is allowing it to happen!

I have always known that I have an addictive personality, and now that aspect of my persona has focused itself on carving pipes!

Thanks again all for your willingness to share, explain, over and over again. Really has been an incredible help. Whenever I have an issue, a question, a search will almost always reveal an answer. Great stuff.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Welcome!

One thing that always helped me was to realize that while natural talent is necessary, it doesn't make as much difference as a good work ethic. I have made a lot of pipes, and only now are my results getting anywhere close to how a pipe should be. It just proves that hard work goes a long way.

I look forward to seeing your work and interacting with you more.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Well, I can tell you it's cut into my drinking time! On the weekends now, early morning golf, then down to the basement! No more 19th hole, I have made it a rule that no power tools with a belly full of Ketel One, or even one drink!