Introduction

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Paul_Tatum

Introduction

Post by Paul_Tatum »

Greetings to all TLP forum members. I have been reading this forum on and off for a while and thought I'd join and try to participate. I already know some of you by name, and have actually met others so hopefully I won't have too difficult a time adjusting. I look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

I'll try to list a quick Bio for anyone interested. If not stop reading here and skip on to something more entertaining!

I like straight billiards and latakia, but I have been known to deviate and smoke bents and Va's. I have even lately been smoking an aromatic, which I find shocking, in a full bent meerschaum no less.
I make tampers and pipes on and off as a hobby. Although I like to smoke the worlds most boring shape, I prefer to make more creative pipes and tampers. There used to be a lot of pipes in my collection but lately I've been thinning them down and selling the pipes I don't smoke. These days I make myself new pipes instead of buy them in order to keep my collection size in check.

That's about it. Hopefully I'll be able to participate here since I'll have some extra time in the coming months. I suppose it will depend on whether I can get used to the tiny keyboard on my laptop.

Paul Tatum
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Welcome Paul!

It seems that I have been to your web site a time or two checking out your tampers.

I look forward to the knowledge that you bring with you to this board.

Once again, Welcome!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Hi Paul. I have been to your website a few times too. I think I've also heard your name mentioned on here a few times. I'm glad to have "collected" another resource at TLP.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Welcome, Paul!

I assure you, your reputation precedes you. All good, of course. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jeff

Post by jeff »

Welcome Paul,

I met you at the Richmond show this year, I was sharing a table with Neil...or rather, Neil was sharing a table with me. I look forward to hearing from you on the board.

Merry Christmas,

Jeff
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

If anyone has any doubts about Paul's ability as a pipe maker, just click here:

http://tinyurl.com/53ete

The man is a genius.

Nice to finally see you here, Paul! How's Huntsville treating you?

Rad
Paul_Tatum

Post by Paul_Tatum »

RadDavis wrote:If anyone has any doubts about Paul's ability as a pipe maker, just click here:

http://tinyurl.com/53ete

The man is a genius.

Nice to finally see you here, Paul! How's Huntsville treating you?

Rad
Hey Rad, I followed the link but I still have my doubts! :)
I'm not actually in Huntsville just yet, I plan to move the first week in January. I'm looking forward to getting back to work, though I'll miss the shop (not to mention the family!). Still, it's been since May that I've had a chance to fish, and that's going to change.

Thanks for the compliments and welcome from all of you.
There is a lot of pipe making talent on this board and I've always found it an interesting read.

Paul
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Glad you are joining us Paul!

Tyler
marks

Post by marks »

Welcome! Glad you joined us.

For all the others here, even if Paul won't admit to being a genius, he does make a heck of a nice pipe, and he is a heck of a nice guy. I have learned an awful lot from him over the last two years.
Paul_Tatum

Post by Paul_Tatum »

marks wrote:Welcome! Glad you joined us.

For all the others here, even if Paul won't admit to being a genius, he is a heck of a nice guy. .
I think I prefer "Evil Genius" :)
AAdomeit

Post by AAdomeit »

Welcome aboard Paul! I hope to learn as much from you as I have from the rest!
marks

Post by marks »

Paul_Tatum wrote:
marks wrote:Welcome! Glad you joined us.

For all the others here, even if Paul won't admit to being a genius, he is a heck of a nice guy. .
I think I prefer "Evil Genius" :)
:lol:
stdly

Post by stdly »

Paul,
Welcome, everybody knows who you are! I hope to gain some knowledge from your experiences here on the forums.
Oh ya, like your work, alot!
Regards,
Steve J

Opinions! Everyone has one and everyone thinks the other persons stinks
Paul_Tatum

Post by Paul_Tatum »

stdly wrote:Paul,
Welcome, everybody knows who you are! I hope to gain some knowledge from your experiences here on the forums.
Thanks Steve! I'm not sure how much knowledge I have to pass on though. I have a lot to learn about pipe making myself, and this board seems to have an unusually high concentration of pipe makers, so I'm in a good place to learn new things.

Paul
Yarnspinner

Post by Yarnspinner »

:)

Hey, Paul, and Welcome!

I'm a rank amateur to pipemaking (having completed a whopping total of 4 pipes!) and look forward to learning from you!
Smoke Rings!

Yarnie
JMB

Post by JMB »

Welcom Paul,
always glad to see someone from the Great State Of Alabama in the group. Been to your site, you bring a lot to the board.
JMB
stdly

Post by stdly »

Well I hope you get something back for your efforts of course. I am new to this pipe making and it looks like you could have a good knowledge of adhesives, special materials (maybe a source) and polishing just to mention a few. Also if you are smoking your own pipe by preference they could not be all that bad already. Some of mine are in my regular rotation as well now.
Paul_Tatum wrote:
stdly wrote:Paul,
Thanks Steve! I'm not sure how much knowledge I have to pass on though. I have a lot to learn about pipe making myself, and this board seems to have an unusually high concentration of pipe makers, so I'm in a good place to learn new things.

Paul
Regards,
Steve J

Opinions! Everyone has one and everyone thinks the other persons stinks