I finally got my stamp!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Growley

I finally got my stamp!

Post by Growley »

It's crazy how many customers have given me negative cool points for not having a stamp. But it's important and since marketing is being covered well in another thread I'll leave that out.

I got my stamp from A&M today, after waiting a full month. While Paul did a fantastic job with my stamp, it took him 3 weeks longer than he said it would. Note, I'm not bashing him, I'd actually still order from him. Just be prepared for a potential wait. The stamp is a great size for me at just under 6mm, and it seems to cut very nicely.

Here's the design I submitted to him:

and here was his final work:

Now, I've just got to practice about 100 times so I can stamp it well.
d.huber

Re: I finally got my stamp!

Post by d.huber »

Sweet!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Nice, very nice. I'm thinking of getting one also. Where did you get it? I don't expect to ever sell pipes, but it would be nice to stamp those I give to friends, etc.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

wmolaw wrote:Nice, very nice. I'm thinking of getting one also. Where did you get it? I don't expect to ever sell pipes, but it would be nice to stamp those I give to friends, etc.
Using my amazing psychic powers, I've learned that Brian got his stamp from A&M. Impressive, no?

-Tyler Beard
Growley

Post by Growley »

Yes, I got it from A&M stamps. Paul Argendorf is the contact and his email is: amsteelstamps@yahoo.com. As an FYI this stamp cost $90 bucks. I'm not sure how he works his pricing out, or how he even makes these, but he does a great job.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

UberHuberMan wrote:
wmolaw wrote:Nice, very nice. I'm thinking of getting one also. Where did you get it? I don't expect to ever sell pipes, but it would be nice to stamp those I give to friends, etc.
Using my amazing psychic powers, I've learned that Brian got his stamp from A&M. Impressive, no?
Okay, okay, that was a dumb shit question! I just didn't read what I thought I had read, which he wrote!

LOL
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Growley wrote:Yes, I got it from A&M stamps. Paul Argendorf is the contact and his email is: amsteelstamps@yahoo.com. As an FYI this stamp cost $90 bucks. I'm not sure how he works his pricing out, or how he even makes these, but he does a great job.
Thanks, even though my question was a dumb one!
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Yeah, it's nice... I mean, I can really see good improvement in your pipes. It's a little too square for me though, sharpen up the lines and make it flow better, IMHO. Also, there's a slight gap in the stem/shank junction.

Nice stamp BTW.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

SchmidtN wrote:Yeah, it's nice... I mean, I can really see good improvement in your pipes. It's a little too square for me though, sharpen up the lines and make it flow better, IMHO. Also, there's a slight gap in the stem/shank junction.

Nice stamp BTW.
Good eye. I completely missed the stem/shank junction issue.

-Tyler Beard
Growley

Post by Growley »

UberHuberMan wrote:
SchmidtN wrote:Yeah, it's nice... I mean, I can really see good improvement in your pipes. It's a little too square for me though, sharpen up the lines and make it flow better, IMHO. Also, there's a slight gap in the stem/shank junction.

Nice stamp BTW.
Just waiting for Wayne to tell me to sand the chamber :D
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

I thought about posting that, but didn't want to step on anyone's toes.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

wmolaw wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:
Okay, okay, that was a dumb shit question! I just didn't read what I thought I had read, which he wrote!

LOL
That's the thing about lawyers.

:lol:
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Growley wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:

Nice stamp BTW.
Just waiting for Wayne to tell me to sand the chamber :D
I would but you didn't drill it deep enough. Nice stamp though.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com