Restored 12X36 Craftsman Lathe for sale

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
DanW

Restored 12X36 Craftsman Lathe for sale

Post by DanW »

Completely restored 12" X 36" Craftsman Lathe. $2,100. Every part has been restored to original state and it runs and operates as new. This is a VERY NICE Lathe. 1/2 HP, cyc. 6, amps, 7, volts 115, RPM 1725. I believe the year is a 1968.
It is currently mounted on a 2x4 sled for travel and easy moving. The lathe is pretty heavy and needs at least two people to move and the bed of a truck is needed too.

I purchased this lathe last fall after spending more than a year searching for a restoration project lathe. I found this one in Arkansas from a guy who is pretty handy and he did an excellent job. Everyone who sees it is amazed at how new it looks and operates. I am selling because my interests have changed and I just don't have time to put together a full shop. I have never really used this lathe other than to run motor every week or so and oil. So it is still in brand new condition. I also have an instruction manual that comes with it. I have kept it stored in my garage and taken very good care of it. I am a bit sad to sell it after all the time and energy that went into my search not to mention the drive to pick it up, but it is too nice of a lathe and someone needs to enjoy it.
I am still an inexperienced user with lathes but will try and answer any questions the best I can. I am an honest person, retired military, and would not try and cheat or "talk up" an item. This really is probably one of the nicest Craftsman Lathes around--because it is basically restored to new condition. I am willing to do some traveling and delivery of this lathe but not for free. Gas is expensive. Also, I will not deliver prior to FULL payment. If interested, we can work out those details. I am located outside of San Antonio, TX. Pictures are listed on Craigslist... just google craftsman lathe on craigslist in san antonio and you can see them. You can also just call or email me and I can send you pictures via email. No idea how to load pictures on here. djw0119@yahoo.com , 210-912-2732
thank you
danw
Leus

Re: Restored 12X36 Craftsman Lathe for sale

Post by Leus »

Do you have pictures of your restoration process? Love 'em.

(No, I don't plan to make an offer, so don't feel obligated :mrgreen:)
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/3129196568.html

That thing looks awesome. Nice work.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Yeah, that's a beauty. If I lived in Texas.....
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Leus

Post by Leus »

Ow... that thing is so beautiful. So bad I live at the end of the world.