Taper point drillbits in Europe (or acceptable shipping)

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Massis

Taper point drillbits in Europe (or acceptable shipping)

Post by Massis »

I ordered 2 taper point drill bits from jamestown last year, one normal length and one long length.

Last week I froze my long one in a piece of acrylic and managed to snap it in half, so now I need a new one.
The problem is, I only know 2 places to get them:
A) fuller themselves through amazon, but they don't ship to europe
B) jamestown, but they charged me $28 for shipping 2 drillbits (totalling <$20) in a bubblewrap envelope. So 1 12$ drill will cost me $40 to get to belgium....

So: does anyone know where to get these kinds of drill bits in Europe or from someplace which ships them for $15 or less to Belgium?

The one I'm looking for is a 1/8" (3.2mm) extended length taper drill bit, Fuller has them under FUL 20200125.
Alden

Re: Taper point drillbits in Europe (or acceptable shipping)

Post by Alden »

Massis wrote:I ordered 2 taper point drill bits from jamestown last year, one normal length and one long length.

Last week I froze my long one in a piece of acrylic and managed to snap it in half, so now I need a new one.
The problem is, I only know 2 places to get them:
A) fuller themselves through amazon, but they don't ship to europe
B) jamestown, but they charged me $28 for shipping 2 drillbits (totalling <$20) in a bubblewrap envelope. So 1 12$ drill will cost me $40 to get to belgium....

So: does anyone know where to get these kinds of drill bits in Europe or from someplace which ships them for $15 or less to Belgium?

The one I'm looking for is a 1/8" (3.2mm) extended length taper drill bit, Fuller has them under FUL 20200125.
Massis, let me check at the shop tomorrow. I know I have a 1/8" taper but I dont rmember if its regular or long length. If its the long length I'll send it to you and just grab one on my next order. Its never been used.
PremalChheda

Post by PremalChheda »

If you end up not being able to get them, check out mcmaster carr and let me know which ones you want. I will order them and send them to you. Shipping should only be less than $10.00. You can check shipping rates from USA zip code 43202 to you at www.usps.com
Premal Chheda
http://www.chhedapipes.com - Just for fun
http://www.smokershaven.com - New & Estate Pipes
http://www.rawkrafted.com - Pipe Making Tools, Materials, & Supplies
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

you should look here... I get a lot of my bits from them

http://www.kundendienst.net/webshop/index.php the shipping from Germany to Belgium shouldn't be too much...

james
Massis

Post by Massis »

Alden, that would be great! If not, then I might go with McMaster. I might even order directly from them and add in some belts & pulleys to start building my belt sander!

If I'm correct, shipping in a "First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope" (Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4") should only be $4.87!

The bits I'm looking for are these ones from McMaster:
size number: 5 1/8"
part number: 30915A74
price: 12.59$ each

This is why I love the pipesmoking/making community! (our dutch forum is also a great place where people trade pipes and tobacco at incredible prices!)

Jogilli: they do seem to carry alot of drills, but no tapered ones :-(
Alden

Post by Alden »

Yep, I got one. I'll send you my Paypal info if you still would like me to send it to you.
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

http://www.mehr-als-werkzeug.de/product ... -35-mm.htm

Not the long ones, sorry. But I usually buy my tools from Dictum..
Massis

Post by Massis »

Thanks for the hints and help guys!

Alden, I've replied to your PM!
Alden

Post by Alden »

I will drop it in the mail tomorrow. So, you will probably have it in Belgium in about 6 months :lol:
Hopefully not that long.