Are you a pipe maker?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Growley

Are you a pipe maker?

Post by Growley »

Here's a simple test.

What do you see in this picture? :D

sam a

Re: Are you a pipe maker?

Post by sam a »

hehe... yup.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

a brush on a marble countertop .. I don't get it :shock:

james
Massis

Post by Massis »

Dont know about you guys but I see a gap in the stem/shank connection due to rounded edges.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

+1

What a sloppy transition. Must be a basket brush.
Growley

Post by Growley »

Ocelot55 wrote:+1

What a sloppy transition. Must be a basket brush.

HA! "A basket brush". :lol:
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

That's just terrible craftsmanship. Shows a lack of pride in one's work. I expect much better out of toilet bowl brush artisans.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Growley

Post by Growley »

Yeah, I've noticed that I'm totally looking at crafted things differently since I've been making pipes. I saw that brush and the first thing I thought of was "stem/shank" junction, "must have sanded them apart". :lol:

When I was a kid and played Tetris a TON. I'd start looking at things like open doors and think,..."hmm, I bet a straight 4 would fit in there".

I think it's interesting how our brains work when we're focused on things. I took a picture of a uniquely shaped toiled handle the other day and thought, "that could make a cool pipe design with a few adjustments."

If you were on the edge of thinking I was crazy with the Tetris comment, then I probably just lost you with toilet handle comment :D
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Growley wrote:Yeah, I've noticed that I'm totally looking at crafted things differently since I've been making pipes. I saw that brush and the first thing I thought of was "stem/shank" junction, "must have sanded them apart". :lol:

When I was a kid and played Tetris a TON. I'd start looking at things like open doors and think,..."hmm, I bet a straight 4 would fit in there".

I think it's interesting how our brains work when we're focused on things. I took a picture of a uniquely shaped toiled handle the other day and thought, "that could make a cool pipe design with a few adjustments."

If you were on the edge of thinking I was crazy with the Tetris comment, then I probably just lost you with toilet handle comment :D
I wasn't with you until the toilet handle comment. ;)

When I saw this, my first thought was, "The lower line is interesting and I bet with the bowl canted like that you could really show off some bird's eye." :P
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I did just about the same thing James did. But, I noticed the pretty countertop first :D (remember, I am a girl... :lol:) and then I couldn't figure out what that brush had to do with pipemaking. So, I thought I would wait to see what everyone else said before I replied.......let's just say that sometimes I'm a little......uuhhhh....slow.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Growley

Post by Growley »

Just to be sure no one quits pipe making because they only saw a conter top and a brush. "This was not an official test" :D Just something fun, out of curiosity to see if other people's brains worked the same.