New Addition coming in June....Just in Time For the KC Show!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
scotties22

New Addition coming in June....Just in Time For the KC Show!

Post by scotties22 »

Yup, you read that right. I'm gonna have another baby. I'm due June 18th and right now the morning sickness is killing me. Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, but I've been doing a lot of laying around feeling sick. Things are going well, no worries there. I just wanted to share our news with you fellas and ladies. Things are running a bit slow in the pipe making world, but hopefully I will be back to my normal self within the next few weeks (or at least well enough to function). I finally ordered my stamp and should have it within the next few weeks . I do have a few commitments between now and Christmas to uphold....I'm calling in reinforcments in the form of my sister to help with the kids for a few days. Hopefully I will be able to spend some quality time in the shop while she is here
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
wmolaw

Re: New Addition coming in June....Just in Time For the KC Show!

Post by wmolaw »

scotties22 wrote:Yup, you read that right. I'm gonna have another baby. I'm due June 18th and right now the morning sickness is killing me. Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, but I've been doing a lot of laying around feeling sick. Things are going well, no worries there. I just wanted to share our news with you fellas and ladies. Things are running a bit slow in the pipe making world, but hopefully I will be back to my normal self within the next few weeks (or at least well enough to function). I finally ordered my stamp and should have it within the next few weeks . I do have a few commitments between now and Christmas to uphold....I'm calling in reinforcments in the form of my sister to help with the kids for a few days. Hopefully I will be able to spend some quality time in the shop while she is here
CONGRATULATIONS!
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Dewdette, you're NOT supposed to stamp your babies!!!!!

(congrats by the dub)
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
the rev

Post by the rev »

Yay great news very happy for you. Hope the morning sickness passes soon

Rev
"but rev, isn't smoking a sin?"

well I suppose if one were to smoke to excess it would be a sin

"but what would be smoking to excess?"

Why smoking two pipes at once of course
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Congrats! Maybe this'll be the kid that loves making pipes. ;)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
andrew

Post by andrew »

Congratulations. I would normally say "break out the cigars", but um, maybe after the first trimester? :)
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

I'll do a five tobacco marathon in honor of the child. Who's with me!? :D
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
Charl

Post by Charl »

Congrats and good luck!
Massis

Post by Massis »

scotties22 wrote:Yup, you read that right. I'm gonna have another baby. I'm due June 18th and right now the morning sickness is killing me. Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, but I've been doing a lot of laying around feeling sick. Things are going well, no worries there. I just wanted to share our news with you fellas and ladies. Things are running a bit slow in the pipe making world, but hopefully I will be back to my normal self within the next few weeks (or at least well enough to function). I finally ordered my stamp and should have it within the next few weeks . I do have a few commitments between now and Christmas to uphold....I'm calling in reinforcments in the form of my sister to help with the kids for a few days. Hopefully I will be able to spend some quality time in the shop while she is here

First of all: congratulations! I became a dad 7 months ago for the first time, babies are awesome! (if they're as easygoing as ours that is :P )

Second of all: for the love of god, watch out so you don't fling a piece of briar from your lathe and get hit by it! If my wife were to be pregnant again, she wouldn't be allowed to go into the same room as a lathe!
potholer

Post by potholer »

congratulations
"Omne ignotum pro magnifico" - everything becomes common place by explanation :- sherlock holmes
andrew

Post by andrew »

Massis wrote:

First of all: congratulations! I became a dad 7 months ago for the first time, babies are awesome! (if they're as easygoing as ours that is :P )

Second of all: for the love of god, watch out so you don't fling a piece of briar from your lathe and get hit by it! If my wife were to be pregnant again, she wouldn't be allowed to go into the same room as a lathe!
I hadn't thought of that... maybe a full body shield is in order. I think the kind used for riot control would work :).
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Thanks boys. So if I don't make it to the show in June...or do and don't stay long...don't think it's because I don't like you.

Yeah, I've been thinking about working on the lathe. It won't be a problem for another couple of months. I was thinking about making a plywood shelter to hide me from the chest down....ya know, something I can throw my arms over and still work comfortably. I'm 5'9", so I carry babies fairly well and really don't show until after 6 months. I've never felt comfortable parking in the "expectant mothers" parking spot at the store because I don't look it until the last month or so :lol:
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Congrats Scottie.

My wife's 5 9 too, and she hides babies about like.... well, let's just say they stopped us at the grocery store because they figured she was trying to steal a turkey.

Take it easy girl.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

congratulations...and enjoy .. show here or show there.. taking care of mom and baby is the first priority

james
Alden

Post by Alden »

Congratulations Scottie !