Dedicating Pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Walle

Re: Dedicating Pipes

Post by Walle »

Sorry comrads, I was too late to post this in Félix’ Guevara thread so it has to fit in here.

Notice the tricky lid!

For those who are not familiar with German:
The warning does not say:”If you don’t buy this box you gonna share Che’s fate and we shoot you like a mangy dog.”

Isn’t it notable how quickly an icon can degenerate into a cheap gimmick...?

Cheerio!
Walle

P.S.: The cigarettes taste like Marlboros ... :roll:
Pipes That Make You Smile
www.blue-lobster-pipes.com
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

Soon, Walle, when Fidel is dead and the U.S. opens trade with Cuba again, these will line the humidors of tobacco shops everywhere:

The sad thing is, they will probably be really good.
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Walle wrote: Isn’t it notable how quickly an icon can degenerate into a cheap gimmick...?

Actually, I would have said exactly the opposite. Isn't it interesting how quickly a cheap gimmick can become revered as an icon. ;)

Regardless, my comments were specific to Darth Vader... no recollection of a "Che" or "Fidel" in the movies.
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

e Markle wrote:[

Regardless, my comments were specific to Darth Vader... no recollection of a "Che" or "Fidel" in the movies.
Now, there's an idea (and since Disney has just bought the Star Wars Franchise): Che and Fidel vs. Darth Vader: EVIL VS. EVIL VS EEEVILLL!

..although, I don't think that would fly at Disney...
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Walle wrote:Sorry comrads, I was too late to post this in Félix’ Guevara thread so it has to fit in here.

Notice the tricky lid!

For those who are not familiar with German:
The warning does not say:”If you don’t buy this box you gonna share Che’s fate and we shoot you like a mangy dog.”

Isn’t it notable how quickly an icon can degenerate into a cheap gimmick...?

Cheerio!
Walle

P.S.: The cigarettes taste like Marlboros ... :roll:
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

A lock for a small country anularle their will through coercion and force, in defiance of the rules of international law.
Sorringowl wrote:Soon, Walle, when Fidel is dead and the U.S. opens trade with Cuba again, these will line the humidors of tobacco shops everywhere:

The sad thing is, they will probably be really good.
mcgregorpipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

e Markle wrote:I hereby dedicate all future pipes issued from esteemed House of Markle to the illustrious and emulation-worthy name of one Darth Vader.
without taking sides here i pose the question, does anyone remember seeing darth vader smoking a pipe?
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

Wasn't his hyperbolic chamber just one big pipe he could sit in and enjoy?
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com