What did yer 1st pipes look like?

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
badger685

Re: What did yer 1st pipes look like?

Post by badger685 »

UberHuberMan wrote:Here's my first. Hard to believe it took me more than 80 hours to finish it. :shock:

Aww, gee. I just realized that my first anniversary of making pipes will be on Feb. 7th. What a year it's been. :)

My First Pipe Thread

While a first pipe, that grain is spectacular! On yer 1st annum as a pipemaker, do you get a handshake? Or do you get a one-year chip in celebration of this glorious obsession occasionally referred to as "a hobby"? :rockon:
El Badger

"Pipe-smokers spend so much time cleaning, filling and fooling with their pipes, they don't have time to get into mischief." - Bill Vaughan
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

badger685 wrote:While a first pipe, that grain is spectacular! On yer 1st annum as a pipemaker, do you get a handshake? Or do you get a one-year chip in celebration of this glorious obsession occasionally referred to as "a hobby"? :rockon:
Dunno that I'd call myself a pipe maker at this point. There are a lot of pivotal points that I think someone has to hit to earn that distinction and I don't think I've hit most of them yet.

I'd be happy if all my pipes sold at the St. Louis show. That'd be a great way to ring in year 2. :)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Cory

Post by Cory »

I haven't come very far, lots of work and focus needed. But here is number one:

The way to make people want to smoke your pipes is to develop a reputation for excellence in your work. This takes a lot of hard work and several years to accomplish, and there are no short cuts. You just have to keep at it. - Rad Davis