How I learned to stop worrying and love the slot

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
oklahoma red

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the slot

Post by oklahoma red »

Bryan Johnson wrote:just a little off-topic, but has anyone tried to make a P-lip? For the life of me, I can't figure out how it's done.

Bryan
Hey Bryan, has your brass monkey still got his gonads?
You can get P lip stems from PME. They are compression molded vulcanite and I'll bet Peterson uses the same thing. Making them from rod would be tricky but not impossible. Might take a jig to do the drilling in the P. P lips have a love/hate thing going in the pipe world. I have two and I kinda like them.
Chas.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Bryan Johnson wrote:just a little off-topic, but has anyone tried to make a P-lip? For the life of me, I can't figure out how it's done.

Bryan
The P-Lip makes no sense to me. I could never figure out why roof of the mouth burn was more desirable that tongue burn. :roll: :roll:

Rad
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I've actually cut a few - I have a couple customers who like them. It amounts to making a thick stem, drilling a hole in it as you ordinarily would, and instead of slotting it, you heat the thing up and bend the tip so the hole points up at about 30 degrees. Then just shape the penis-head. It's a little tricky to know where the airway is, but it's do-able.

ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

I've actually cut a few - I have a couple customers who like them. It amounts to making a thick stem, drilling a hole in it as you ordinarily would, and instead of slotting it, you heat the thing up and bend the tip so the hole points up at about 30 degrees. Then just shape the penis-head. It's a little tricky to know where the airway is, but it's do-able.
Sooooo Sas, is this a self-portrait? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just call him ol' Pecker Head! :lol: :lol: :lol: