finished these two

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
pipeguy

finished these two

Post by pipeguy »

Finished these two both are oil cured . Oil cureing is an exhaustive method to learn. Thanx for the help (Those of you know who you are) The blasting was done courtesy of Wayne Tiepen. thanx for looking

"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
uniquebriar

Re: finished these two

Post by uniquebriar »

Aww man those are 2 really nice looking pipes you got there keep up the good work and keep moving forward. :takethat:
Hand Crafted Pipes
http://uniquebriar.com
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

the shank accent on the first looks extremly bent like at an awkward drastic angle and im not a fan of the plateau freehand rhodesian thing. the blasts are very nice and the stain is great. stem work is nice but has a another very drastic bend in the first one. the accent on the first one has a ton of tear out, which is hard to avoid. sand your bowls or coat. over all i like the 2nd one the best but love number ones stain job. i actually dig the second one alot. like a squashed tomato. id buy it. and its definitly cool that tHey are oil cured. like an old 60's dunhill?
evan
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Wayne blasted those for you and you let stain in the bowl!!!??? :?: :!:

Anyone else see the irony here?

Those are both pretty nice looking. The first is my favorite. The bottom one is a little too spherical for my tastes.
AlfaDog

Post by AlfaDog »

Nice. So what's the deal with the oil curing? We want details. Recipes. Pictures. Maps.
archaggelosmichail

Post by archaggelosmichail »

You need to get better in pipemaking before you oil cure your pipes.

There are more important things for now, such as design and better sanding and proper bending on the stems that you need to learn first.

Michail
AlfaDog

Post by AlfaDog »

archaggelosmichail wrote:You need to get better in pipemaking before you oil cure your pipes.

There are more important things for now, such as design and better sanding and proper bending on the stems that you need to learn first.

Michail
Me or him? I've used oil for years when I was gun stockmaking. I'm wondering if the process and materials are similar.
archaggelosmichail

Post by archaggelosmichail »

pipeguy of course.