Harrison M250 lathe?

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Charl

Harrison M250 lathe?

Post by Charl »

I saw a Harrison M250 lathe for sale at a fairly decent price, I thought. Anybody have experience with them or know a little of them? I was quite shocked to see what they go for in the UK and US. From what I could gather from the net, they seem to be really decent lathes. Not as if I really need another lathe, seeing that I have 2 already, but if it's worth the upgrade, I'll let go of one of the others.
Great Plains Piper

Re: Harrison M250 lathe?

Post by Great Plains Piper »

Wow, that thing looks serious. What is this decent price you speak of? I've been looking at lathes myself but it's more of a pipe dream right now (pun intended).
Thus o’er my pipe, in contemplation
Of such things, I can constantly
Indulge in fruitful meditation
And so, puffing contentedly,
On land, on sea, at home, abroad,
I smoke my pipe and worship God.

-Johann Sebastian Bach
Charl

Re: Harrison M250 lathe?

Post by Charl »

From the web I gather that it is an English make, with the newer models being made in China. Apparently the M250 was used quite a bit in classrooms, but the specs were actually up to toolroom standards, for example, the width of the bed was more than the center height. I saw one that sold for 2450 Pounds.