9-13 Bent Bulldog

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Ocelot55

9-13 Bent Bulldog

Post by Ocelot55 »

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to post this one for critique. There is a lot that can be done better, but I still figured I'd offer it up here to some scrutiny.

Please let me know what your think.

wdteipen

Re: 9-13 Bent Bulldog

Post by wdteipen »

I don't know; I think it's a solid little pipe. The fit and finish and detail work could be better for an artisan level pipe but it's better than most factory made pipes as far as shaping goes. I like it.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

That's exactly why I'm embarassed, Wayne. There is just some little stuff on this pipe that wouldn't be acceptable in the "artisan" world, tool marks on the stem, over buffing of the sharp corners, shank is a little wavy, stem/shank junction could be better. The whole process on this one was trying to recover from one mistake after the other. I think I'm selling it cheap enough to compensate though.

What I will say is that the draw is sublime! It's going to be one hell of a smoker I can already tell.
millerman

Post by millerman »

I know I'm new but I like it. I like the style of a bulldog. I know how it is trying to recover from mistakes and it seems like one mistake leads to another. Whether it be making pipes or something else.