Age of Briar.

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
magicbilly

Re: Age of Briar.

Post by magicbilly »

jesus! Sas, i didn't know this was a dick waving contest? forget this forum, nothing here but a bunch of half retarded guys trying to figure out who has the largest pipe... (yes we all know Sas has the largest pipe... Clearly.)
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Though much shorter, this was as entertaining as the Stinky Vulcanite Thread. Four stars! :lol:
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

magicbilly wrote:jesus! Sas, i didn't know this was a dick waving contest? forget this forum, nothing here but a bunch of half retarded guys trying to figure out who has the largest pipe... (yes we all know Sas has the largest pipe... Clearly.)
Sir, let me begin by saying that I am a woman (won't say lady) and we all know that I have the biggest pipe.

Second, YOU started this thread asking for advise about pipe smoking and pipe making as a business. I'm not sure how you went from ASKING for advise to GIVING us all advise (that we didn't ask for).......and we're the retards.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself!!!

Thank you for playing......please drive through.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

scotties22 wrote: Sir, let me begin by saying that I am a woman (won't say lady) and we all know that I have the biggest pipe.
I've met Scottie and can confirm this. Though I call it a sword:

And since her hubby---a guy who looks like a cross between an MMA fighter and Hollywood action hero (I'm not kidding)---treats her gently and with great deference, I think she knows how to use it, too.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Magic, I've followed everything you've posted here, and a large percentage of it is, while I believe well-intentioned, either utterly misguided or utter fucking bullshit.

The point of this forum is that it's NOT a dick or even a pipe-waving contest. The point is, people who don't know too much about making pipes can come here and get information from people who do. No one here appreciates some random stranger walking up, telling us all what we are doing wrong with our materials sources, business models, ethics, legal team, sales strategies, customer base, or anything else that you've swung at and fucking missed.

Does it cross your mind that people who make their living selling pipes already MIGHT know how to do it without your guidance or blessing?

Does it cross your mind that walking into another man's domain and pissing on his carpet might offend him? Do you tell your neighbors what they need to change with regard to their furniture or how they mow their lawn?

You're welcome here, you truly are. But every time you post something as a fact that in truth you know very little about (law and pipe making come to mind immediately here) you look silly. Your posts about the toxicity of DEGEE were well intentioned, and also entirely misguided. Briar dust is far more toxic than DEGEE. None of us use our tongue to stain a pipe. It's crazy that you are worried about DEGEE but not about the methyl alcohol in the stains. Misguided.

So you might think that this is me being king of the roost here or putting down a new guy because he's new. There's a lineup here of 100 guys I haven't done that too, and there's a hundred ahead of me that didn't do it to me. That's not the way it rolls here. The way it rolls here is that if someone who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground starts spouting off a bunch of baloney, we call him on it.

Job interviewer: What do you think your worst flaw is?
Job Applicant: I'm too honest.
Job interviewer: I don't think that's a flaw.
Job Applicant: I don't give a fuck what you think.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
magicbilly

Post by magicbilly »

Sasquatch wrote:Magic, I've followed everything you've posted here, and a large percentage of it is, while I believe well-intentioned, either utterly misguided or utter fucking bullshit.

The point of this forum is that it's NOT a dick or even a pipe-waving contest. The point is, people who don't know too much about making pipes can come here and get information from people who do. No one here appreciates some random stranger walking up, telling us all what we are doing wrong with our materials sources, business models, ethics, legal team, sales strategies, customer base, or anything else that you've swung at and fucking missed.

Does it cross your mind that people who make their living selling pipes already MIGHT know how to do it without your guidance or blessing?

Does it cross your mind that walking into another man's domain and pissing on his carpet might offend him? Do you tell your neighbors what they need to change with regard to their furniture or how they mow their lawn?

You're welcome here, you truly are. But every time you post something as a fact that in truth you know very little about (law and pipe making come to mind immediately here) you look silly. Your posts about the toxicity of DEGEE were well intentioned, and also entirely misguided. Briar dust is far more toxic than DEGEE. None of us use our tongue to stain a pipe. It's crazy that you are worried about DEGEE but not about the methyl alcohol in the stains. Misguided.

So you might think that this is me being king of the roost here or putting down a new guy because he's new. There's a lineup here of 100 guys I haven't done that too, and there's a hundred ahead of me that didn't do it to me. That's not the way it rolls here. The way it rolls here is that if someone who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground starts spouting off a bunch of baloney, we call him on it.

Job interviewer: What do you think your worst flaw is?
Job Applicant: I'm too honest.
Job interviewer: I don't think that's a flaw.
Job Applicant: I don't give a fuck what you think.

MAN YOU REALLY WAVE THAT THING AROUND LIKE YOU HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE!
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Why do I get the feeling that some people do this sort of join-a-board-then-start-a-fire thing as a hobby? :roll:
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Funny....my husband said the same thing about an hour ago :lol:
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Alden

Post by Alden »

magicbilly wrote: i didn't know this was a dick waving contest?
You are giving marginally relevant advice as if its gospel. If others are acting like they know more than you, its because they do. You can hang around or take your toys and go home.
But whatever you do, dont change your name to MagicMikeMesser.... I'm starting to have flashbacks.
billiard

Post by billiard »

I ate the bones...

I ate the bones?

I ate the bones?!
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

magicbilly wrote: MAN YOU REALLY WAVE THAT THING AROUND LIKE YOU HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE!
Hey now, just because Sas has a kinky personality...

Just a helpful suggestion though Magic B., learn to make good pipes before you worry about hiring a lawyer! :wink:
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/