Progress!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
lancefisher51

Progress!

Post by lancefisher51 »

Attached are pics of the current pipe I'm working on. Considering the other pipes I have made, I knos this is no were near perfect. In fact for most this is probably your definition of a shop pipe. How ever. Im extremely proud of my progress in such a short period of time. Thanks to this forum with all the info!
ImageImageImageImage
I know everyone is gonna jump down my throat but lemme have it, critique welcome please. Would love to know what I can do better on the next one.

Lance
Using Tapatalk
d.huber

Re: Progress!

Post by d.huber »

This is progress!

Right now, it looks like an obese billiard. Translation: it's got way too much meat on it everywhere.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

what are you using to do your bulk stock removal?

if you have a wheel, keep the stem on and just trim the shank down significantly.

getting better!
lancefisher51

Post by lancefisher51 »

Im using files an sand paper only.

Lance
Using Tapatalk
W.Pastuch

Post by W.Pastuch »

Good job, you're almost halfway done with this pipe.
Take those files and don't be afraid to remove material- you really need to define the shape. For now the stummel is a lump (no offense, just trying to help) with very fluid lines that don't really follow any geometrical shape. Try to thin the shank down a lot, give it a consistent shape from the mouthpiece right to the bowl, you can use the shape of the mouthpiece to guide you. Try making the shank and bowl two distinct, separate shapes.
You're obviously having a lot of fun doing this and that's essential, keep going :)
E.L.Cooley

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Shoot that looks like a pipe. A lot better than a blob or blob with a stem! Great going lance can't wait to see it with a few less grams of wood on it. But no need to rush we'll still be right here.

Sent from my banana phone.