My 5 pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
i.b.pipes

My 5 pipe

Post by i.b.pipes »

Hey guys new to pipe making this is a Liverpool I did that I could not sell because it had a pit and to be truthful I gave up a bit because it came a shop pipe and I am working on a other pipe which I will post for you guys to rip to pieces but for now giver help a guy out on what I can do better

Liverpool
6" long
.75 chamber
Drilled out at 5/16
Mouthpiece 1/8
All by hand ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
sandahlpipe

Re: My 5 pipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

Not bad for a 5th pipe.

The button is a bit tall and extends beyond the stem on the sides. I did that for my first few hand cut stems as well. Try to make the button shorter/closer to the slot. You can use a needle file to round over the edges of your slot.

I can also see there's a slight gap between the end of the shank and stem. When you're facing the shank and stem, make sure you've got sharp tools and proper alignment. Then shape the stem and shank together as much as possible. I find a fine file or nail board is helpful in getting a smooth transition from shank to stem.

I don't see sanding scratches and uneven stain, and the finish looks shiny, so I think you're on the right track with that part.

It's hard to see the bottom of the bowl with it sitting inside the tin. The overall proportions, however, look pretty good.

Enjoy smoking it and keep making more pipes!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
i.b.pipes

Post by i.b.pipes »

Thx brother ya the stem I went to fat I know that I did not want to make the button smaller cause it would not feel right

Thx for you input keep them coming

Using Tapatalk
i.b.pipes

Post by i.b.pipes »

Far not fat

Using Tapatalk