Texas pipe show?

General pipe discussion
Lakemonster

Texas pipe show?

Post by Lakemonster »

is there such a thing.. or some sort of tobacco expo in the state?

I Googled the subject.. but came up dry..... I fear the worst.

Any leads?
some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

http://pipesmith.info
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Nothing doing in Texas. unfortunately.

The DFW pipe club was working on a pipe show for 2005, but I haven't heard anything on it in a while. I don't know if that is still in their plans. PeteB, is it still in the works?

Tyler
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

The DFW area is large enough to help support at least a state wide show and maybe a small region of neighboring states. Our local club however dose'nt have deep pockets to assume the finanical responsibility to underwrite the costs of the facilities, insurance and ect. ect.
We are having our monthly meeting at Nedley's this monday and I for one would like to see some maybe creative ideas on membership increases to help generate more interest in finding a way and recourses to be this event about. In the mean time I wish we could all go to Richmond and support Tyler, take the GOLD.
Pete Badillo
Red

Post by Red »

I'm a Dallas kid - live in Arlington, but work in Dallas. Tried to go to a Dallas club meeting once on the NE side. Took about 45 mminutes to get there, and no one showed. I would participate in a show. I'd show for a meeting now and then too; if it were a little more central it would sure help.
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

I would love to see a Texas pipe show. I bet the pipes would be HUGE, like everything else down there! Eat an 888 oz. steak and win a massive pipe and 10 gallon hat! :lol:

-Matt-
"A pipe...it is a great soother, a pleasant comforter! Blue devils fly before its honest breath! It ripens the brain--it opens the heart; and the man who smokes, thinks like a sage and acts like a Samaritan!"
JMB

Post by JMB »

-Matt-
"10 gallon hat!"

Where you from boy, 10 gallon hat's are for Yankee's :lol: :lol:

Yes, I am all for it.
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

How about snake skin boots? 8) Maybe you could serve up some possum in a sack while yer at it! :P
"A pipe...it is a great soother, a pleasant comforter! Blue devils fly before its honest breath! It ripens the brain--it opens the heart; and the man who smokes, thinks like a sage and acts like a Samaritan!"
JMB

Post by JMB »

snake skin boots?:

Nope, we eat sanke donw here, don't wear it. :wink: :wink:
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

The real question is whether you smoke it or not! 8O
JMB

Post by JMB »

Now there is a thought.

A Shake Skin Pipe. Hum, bet it would "rattle" a few people. :think: :lol:
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

Wow....that was a bad joke a real bad joke. The kind of joke that is so bad that you can't help but stand back and admire its badness. :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

I saw a Dunhill wrapped in Stingray skin the other day.

E'spensive!

Weight: 92 gram - 3,24 ounces
With silver ring on the top and the shank. Comes in a beautufull polished humidor box.

Description:
Shagreen is a type of leather made from shark skin or the skin of the stingray. Its French name "Galuchat" is derived from the Louis XV`s master leather worker Jean Claude Galuchat who was the first artisan in France to use this rare material to embellish precious items.
Being a very resistant leather, working with it demands a great degree of skill, especially when applying it to the natural curves of the briar.
The pipe, a group 5 billiard, is also fitted with contrasting polished Sterling Silver band and bowl mount, both bearing the hallmarks of the London Assay Office and the Alfred Dunhill manufacturers mark.
This is the first time that such pipes have been produced, only 50 numbers and therefore are extreemly rare and will be sought after by collectors.
Supplied in wooden presentation packing.
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

That is the craziest thing I have ever seen! Just when you think you have seen it all.
JMB

Post by JMB »

OK Nick, thats great, I knew if someone was going to steal our ideas on this board. It would be great old name company like Dunhill. lol
PastorPipe

Post by PastorPipe »

I think the question now is whether or not Dunhill can figure out how to get a giant belt buckle mounted on that sucker. Maybe they can wrap one of those things in some Wranglers. They could be the centerpieces of the Texas pipe shows. :lol:

-Matt-
JMB

Post by JMB »

Ok pastor, now your talking. lol