A few more of my recent pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Jwhitehead3129

A few more of my recent pipes

Post by Jwhitehead3129 »

Again I am pretty new to this still but I enjoy it and Im looking forward to improving my pipes.
Attachments
1.jpeg
(148.96 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
3.jpeg
(152.65 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
8.jpeg
8.jpeg (99.95 KiB) Viewed 889 times
phmann

Re: A few more of my recent pipes

Post by phmann »

definitely out there! I dig the creativity in the first one. I like the idea. The stem on the first one seems to have a little bit of a curve as it tapers down to the bite zone; try wrapping your sand paper around a flat object so your hands/fingers don't dig into the stem material unevenly.

On the churchwarden, what is the material used on the stem? It would look good with a flush transition and with a lot more material taken off of the shank and chin of the bowl.
"A good pipe guides the restless mind."

-Manny

http://mriverapipes.wordpress.com
Jwhitehead3129

Post by Jwhitehead3129 »

Thank you for the feedback, yes there is a taper on the skull pipe that I made. That one was a premolded stem that I obviously worked on, I could go back over it and take the taper down.

The curchwarden stem is a vulcanite stem that I added an extension to. It is maple that I stained to match the bowl. Thank you as well for the comments on the bowl, I will keep that in mind if I make another thats similar. I do really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

The skull one is the nicest of the bunch. If you can carve that now you'll be fine.

Now go make a blowfish! :twisted:
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Jwhitehead3129

Post by Jwhitehead3129 »

Thank you, the skull one was pretty fun to make. I dont think im ready to try and tackle the blowfish yet.