Topic about pipe racks?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
SchmidtN

Re: Topic about pipe racks?

Post by SchmidtN »

Well, me and my Pops are both woodworkers. I'm a whittler and he's a relief carver, so something like that could happen. I think the decision that was made for me is, we're going to make it out of cedar so it looks like it came off of Walton's Mountain and has been passed down for 80 years. Fence boards were bought, but are full of wood. Luckily you don't pay by the pound, so all week they've been drying out like unsmoked 'bacy. Tonight I did rough cuts and hopefully it's all dry by morning and we can start assembling something that looks like a pipe rack.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Hey, a month later and that weekend project pipe rack is finally finished! Looks just like the plans, doesn't it? :lol:

So, my Pops changed one or two things in the design when he decided I needed help making the pipe rack. I don't mind the take over. How do you guys like the rack? It's cedar fence board, cost about 10 bucks and took a month to make (too many design changes).
Hello, I'm #1312.
billiard

Post by billiard »

Very sharp, enjoy it!
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

I like it.. it looks nice.. and full.. time to make another one
Archer

Post by Archer »

SchmidtN wrote:How many pipes fit on it at once? :lol:
Im thinking just one large one... :lol: ...sorry couldnt resist!!
Archer

Post by Archer »

SchmidtN wrote:Hey, a month later and that weekend project pipe rack is finally finished! Looks just like the plans, doesn't it? :lol:

So, my Pops changed one or two things in the design when he decided I needed help making the pipe rack. I don't mind the take over. How do you guys like the rack? It's cedar fence board, cost about 10 bucks and took a month to make (too many design changes).
Man that is very nice!! I am making one now, not nearly as nice, but it will be nice! How did you get those baskets done? Router? Did you use a guide or template for them?
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Yup, I took a piece of scrap wood and drilled two holes, then connected them into an oval. Then used a router on a plunge cut.
Hello, I'm #1312.