"E" pipes

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
oklahoma red

Re:

Post by oklahoma red »

mredmond wrote:I don't think there would be much of a market for e-pipes and e-cigars amongst pipe and cigar smokers, because of how we enjoy our pipes and cigars. They make non-alcoholic beer, but I don't recall ever seeing non-alcoholic single malt scotch. E-cigarettes have become as popular as they have because many people perceive them as a smoking cessation aid. That won't transfer to pipes and cigars in quite the same way.
Valid point. My sis-in-law tried the E cig for that very reason. Theory being that a big part of quitting is to replace the physical motions of lighting up and handling the cig with something else. If that is not available as in using patches or pills orquitting cold turkey the chances of being successful are diminished.
My wife quit several years ago. Used to be if the phone rang she would not answer it until she found her cigs and lighter. Couldn't talk on the phone without a weed in her hand.
So I can see the idea behind using the E cig for that physical "fix". Didn't help in my sis-in-laws case. She now has lung cancer.
Chas.
oklahoma red

Re: "E" pipes

Post by oklahoma red »

Is there a smiley code for a guy impaling himself on a sword?
I don't see one Walt. Nearest thing would be the dude banging his head on a brick wall.
Chas.
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

Not to stir any more emotions up here but I vaguely recall seeing an e-pipe or something similar on here not too long ago.
Even if it is not my cup of tea, if someone else wants to make them it would still be fine by me..
The last time I told someone that I make smoking pipes as a hobby the answer was something like; "oh, that is not a good hobby! people get cancer from smoking, are you evil?" (well it was a kind of old and cranky lady but anyway :lol: ) So I mean, who am I do judge? :D
WCannoy

Post by WCannoy »

JonBood wrote:The last time I told someone that I make smoking pipes as a hobby the answer was something like; "oh, that is not a good hobby! people get cancer from smoking, are you evil?"
Last time I told someone that I make pipes, they said "Oh! How cool! I've always wanted to learn how to blow glass! Is it hard?" :banghead:
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

WCannoy wrote:
JonBood wrote:The last time I told someone that I make smoking pipes as a hobby the answer was something like; "oh, that is not a good hobby! people get cancer from smoking, are you evil?"
Last time I told someone that I make pipes, they said "Oh! How cool! I've always wanted to learn how to blow glass! Is it hard?" :banghead:
ka-BONG!! You should have told them to go blow a sewer pipe.
Chas.
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

Haha, that´s almost worse :lol:

Edit: as a reply to Walt
mcgregorpipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

found this forum today lots of info about making glass pipes.. and the coolest marbles http://www.talkglass.com/forum/forum.php