name that tool...?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool!
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

You mean.................. Go to a physical building! Hmmmmm what a concept :think:

The computer usually sends whatever I need to my house :wink:
Brendhain

Post by Brendhain »

Go to a physical building!
How Passé!!!! 8)

........well......really, my problem with going to a hardware store is that I spend a couple of hours wandering around them and I see a million things that I want and I buy a bunch of them. Then, when I get home, I can't remember what is was that I went to the shop to buy in the first place!! All I am sure of is that I didn't buy it!
alexanderfrese

Post by alexanderfrese »

Smart though. Coming from a town with the second biggest bicycle-way net in Germany I remembered the bike part easily…
I tried to get one of those special heavy duty nail anchors (some kind of direct translation for the German term we use), too. It's not in stock in the dimensions we need for a tobacco chamber.
I had one of those "three-arm-reamers" somewhere in a drawer, tried it and: using this is really a pleasure. I just roll a bit of thick cardboard around it to prevent it from marking the inside of the tobacco chamber. If i clamp it into the vice leaving the dial knob at the end accessible, I can easily add more pressure to hold the pipe. With the cardboard, it holds enough not to slip while sanding and I still can rotate the stummel by hand without having to unscrew and readjust the whole thing.

What else do I need? I whish, I had invented the wheel – or maybe something patented with my name on guaranteeing a lifetime without work – but I am afraid electric light, the steam machine and the transistor are already somewhere out there…