Pipe #11 - Elephant's Foot ~ Updated pics

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
fiddlestix

Re: Pipe #11 - Elephant's Foot ~ Updated pics

Post by fiddlestix »

The Smoking Yeti wrote:Don't use a sheet. Use a piece of white poster board- the kind with a tougher glossy finish.

As far as scratches go- SHAME ON YOU! Na, we all miss that shit, for pipe #11, I think you're doing superb.

Alternative for the rim polishing, round it out a bit more so there isn't such a steep angle. Then just buff with slower rpms on your wheel.

Having a variable speed wheel for buffing is a lifesaver.

Your stem work looks great, the slot work is easily remedied as David explained.

Keep it up man!
Thanks for the tip on the poster board. I'll try that.

The scratches really piss me off... It drives me nuts that I didn't see them. I just finally got some better lighting for my work bench, but I did all of the staining and finishing in the kitchen, for some reason, where the lighting isn't as good. I appreciate the encouragement, though. And even though I cried for two days, I appreciate David bustin my chops. I'll be damned if I give him any more scratches to point out on the next one! :lol:

Thanks for the compliment on the stem. I've really been focusing on tightening up my stemwork. The slot will be better on the next one.