Super Duper Ultra Extreme Mega Secret

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
BobR

Re: Super Duper Ultra Extreme Mega Secret

Post by BobR »

Sandcastle Pipes. It has a nice ring to it. Forget blasting. Sell pipes with sand pits as unique/special pipes. You can say the pits in your pipes were created using sand from Scotland combined with a proprietary process that took years to develop. :lol:
Bob
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

BobR wrote:Sandcastle Pipes. It has a nice ring to it. Forget blasting. Sell pipes with sand pits as unique/special pipes. You can say the pits in your pipes were created using sand from Scotland combined with a proprietary process that took years to develop. :lol:
There we go. Although the pits in my pipes were created by sand in Algeria, not Scottland. :-)
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
PremalChheda

Post by PremalChheda »

I hope the case will be a little larger than normal. It is going to be difficult to fit 7 Cavaliers in one.
Premal Chheda
http://www.chhedapipes.com - Just for fun
http://www.smokershaven.com - New & Estate Pipes
http://www.rawkrafted.com - Pipe Making Tools, Materials, & Supplies
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

PremalChheda wrote:I hope the case will be a little larger than normal. It is going to be difficult to fit 7 Cavaliers in one.
The case subject has already come up with the contest decision makers, so I don't expect any problems. They're on it.

There WILL be a maximum pipe length limit to facilitate a case being made in advance, but it will be generous. Probably 8" or so. (Basically, no churchwardens.)

Oh yeah. I mentioned it earlier but want to repeat it: The drain / plumbing must be functional. i.e. the cap removable, and the airway go all the way through.

Other than that and a size limit, though, anything goes.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
billiard

Post by billiard »

I haven’t posted in a few months so I hope it’s ok if I hop in with a question.
I made this pipe about a dozen pipes ago, so I’d expect to improve upon it now, but also as a second iteration I tend to do better. The well\drain is functional.

Would this count as a Cavalier for the contest rules?

Thank you,
Bill
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

billiard wrote: Would this count as a Cavalier for the contest rules?
For the purposes of the contest---meaning to avoid arbitrary constraints---I suppose so. I wouldn't have called such a design a cavalier if I came across it before today, understand... (maybe a "reverse" cavalier, or something), but for the sake of contest administration, why not? :D
socrates

Post by socrates »

Hell I thought the word got out that I wear Sponge Bob Square Pants under drawers.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

socrates wrote:Hell I thought the word got out that I wear Sponge Bob Square Pants under drawers.
Nah... everyone already knows that's an Hawaiian thing.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

socrates wrote:Hell I thought the word got out that I wear Sponge Bob Square Pants under drawers.
If's that's the case you are my 3 year old son's new best friend :thumbsup:
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
socrates

Post by socrates »

scotties22 wrote:
If's that's the case you are my 3 year old son's new best friend :thumbsup:
I had a very close friend and fellow biker that stood 6'4" and was a Sponge Bob fan. Unfortunately he has passed away. Every time I see something related to S.B. I say hi to him. Sponge Bob is for kids of all ages. Your 3 year old is in great company. Now start saving up for a motorcycle for him LOL.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

He got to sit on his first bike this weekend. My Uncle started it up and my little guy went nuts. He LOVES the loud sounds. I should have taken a picture, but was dealing with dinner and missed out.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
socrates

Post by socrates »

scotties22 wrote:He got to sit on his first bike this weekend. My Uncle started it up and my little guy went nuts. He LOVES the loud sounds. I should have taken a picture, but was dealing with dinner and missed out.
That's totally awesome Scottie. I have loved motorcycles since I was a little fella myself. Of course it was the Harley that garnered my affection. After my two trips to Vietnam and transfer to Japan I bought my first bike and since then and six bikes later etc etc. I can no longer ride but my last Harley Davidson project bike still sits in my garage. I reckon it's a reminder of better days. Your little one sounds like a biker in the works lol.