So... how's it going

General pipe discussion
bscofield

So... how's it going

Post by bscofield »

For those of you making pipes for Chicago... How's it going?

I've got 1 done, roughed in and can tell I'm going to be working my arss off at night getting something else cranked out.
ToddJohnson

Re: So... how's it going

Post by ToddJohnson »

bscofield wrote:For those of you making pipes for Chicago... How's it going?

I've got 1 done, roughed in and can tell I'm going to be working my arss off at night getting something else cranked out.
I usually go nocturnal about 10 days before a show. Amazing how much less likely your work is to be interrupted at 4:00 A.M. I started from zero after Newark and am up to 15. Maybe 10 or 12 more to go? I don't know. We'll see how it goes.

Todd
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Due to scheduling constraints I'm not headed Chicago. However, I will have one pipe there with David Bull - a prize for the UPCA smoking contest. I'm going to be finishing it tomorrow.

I've also pretty much gone nocturnal, as I've got orders outstanding for about 15 pipes, and all of them need to be finished ASAP - of course. It would be nice if one or two of them made it to Chicago in the hands of the people they're being sold to - so I'm doing my best to get them completed and shipped in time to make that a possibility.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

I've finished thirty one.

Will be working on more this week.

Rad
jeff

Post by jeff »

Rad,

You're a machine!

:)

I've got 2 remaining from the Newark show and--well, I haven't really completed anything since then. By tomorrow I will have nearly 60 pages of writing under my belt this week and will have only one more exam to prepare for. Sooo, that means that I'll be in the shop tomorrow and Monday and then hit it really hard from Wednesday until the following week's Thursday morning :) I'm shooting for 10-12 new pipes for the show. Nocturnal? I thought about taking an inflatable mattress to my shop this coming week. Then I remembered that I would not likely have any time to use it. :boohoo:

See you all, bleary-eyed and hallucinating from sleep deprivation, in Chicago!

Jeff
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

jeff wrote:Rad,

You're a machine!

:)
Ditto that! GEEZE MAN!
jeff wrote:See you all, bleary-eyed and hallucinating from sleep deprivation, in Chicago!

Jeff
:lol: sounds good!