What's on your list for Chicago?

General pipe discussion
hiway

Post by hiway »

Definitely an Ultimate Pipe bag! Just a 2/4 though but I've been waiting patiently for months. Maybe a calabash and/or a meer. Lot's of feedback on my pipes. And looking, talking, looking, talking etc. :D :D

Dave
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Since we are sharing a table... I think I will just swipe one of Jeff's pipes when he is not looking :thumb:
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

ArtGuy wrote:Since we are sharing a table... I think I will just swipe one of Jeff's pipes when he is not looking :thumb:
Dang... both ArtGuy and ScoJo have great plans. I think I'll plan on stealing from them whatever they take from other people. I mean, who's going to actualy be upset at me for stealing from a thief?!
marks

Post by marks »

Ben, please steal something for me while you are at it. :wink:
jeff

Post by jeff »

ArtGuy wrote:Since we are sharing a table... I think I will just swipe one of Jeff's pipes when he is not looking :thumb:

Since we're sharing a table, I'll have to sit next to a dirty thief for 2 days.

:x

JAG
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

marks wrote:Ben, please steal something for me while you are at it. :wink:
Make you a deal. If you follow around Scott, and steal from him whatever he steals, I'll follow John around and get his plunder then we'll split %50 / %50 afterwards.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I truly wish I was going, and I had plans to go up until about 4 months ago when things changed drasticly. I started a new day job consulting for a large biotech firm, and I simply don't have the time to go. :(

However, I *will* be in Columbus in August again. I will also be attempting to make Richmond this year as well - both are withing easy driving distance for me. I hope to see everyone that I saw last year, and some folks that I didn't get a chance to meet.

*IF* I were going to Chicago, I'd be going with the intent of picking the brains of several pipe makers, as well as pipe collectors. Nobody in particular, just anyone that has the time to talk. I *would* like to talk to Greg Pease, because I value his opinion quite a bit.

I'd also like to come home with a pipe or two. Again, nobody in particular, just something that's in my price range and something that I can't live without.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

For those of us unable to go to Chicago, I am sensing some
CSE -- that's Chicago Show Envy :cry:
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

LexKY_Pipe wrote:For those of us unable to go to Chicago, I am sensing some
CSE -- that's Chicago Show Envy :cry:
I think your just sensing the residue from last year... I smeared the board with it 8O

:thumb:
marks

Post by marks »

bscofield wrote:
marks wrote:Ben, please steal something for me while you are at it. :wink:
Make you a deal. If you follow around Scott, and steal from him whatever he steals, I'll follow John around and get his plunder then we'll split %50 / %50 afterwards.
Ben, I won't be there. That is why I need a surrogate thief. :D
marks

Post by marks »

KurtHuhn wrote:I truly wish I was going, and I had plans to go up until about 4 months ago when things changed drasticly. I started a new day job consulting for a large biotech firm, and I simply don't have the time to go. :(

However, I *will* be in Columbus in August again. I will also be attempting to make Richmond this year as well - both are withing easy driving distance for me. I hope to see everyone that I saw last year, and some folks that I didn't get a chance to meet.

*IF* I were going to Chicago, I'd be going with the intent of picking the brains of several pipe makers, as well as pipe collectors. Nobody in particular, just anyone that has the time to talk. I *would* like to talk to Greg Pease, because I value his opinion quite a bit.

I'd also like to come home with a pipe or two. Again, nobody in particular, just something that's in my price range and something that I can't live without.
Kurt, try to make Richmond. Mr. Pease is usually there, and he is very willing and gracious about critiquing your pipes (he gave me a tip last year that I have implimented in mine). Also, Tom Eltang was there the last couple of years, and he is very generous with honest and helpful feedback, and Richmond may be a better venue to catch a few minutes of his time if he is there this year. Finally, I picked up some excellent tips from some members of this board while at Richmond last year - Thanks guys!
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

The pipe for myself this year will most likely be German, a Paul Becker. The man has style and makes somewhat affordable pieces

Cheers, Jesper
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I update my list to include a few realistic things:

The Cachimbos Book
3/4" drill bit from K. Lamb.
Nick

Post by Nick »

An Anne Julie! I'm hoping Premal will bring me back a nice Anne Julie.