Eskimo

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Lundell

Eskimo

Post by Lundell »

Hello! I haven't posted in a while, but now I feel a need for some of your helpful, honest critique and comments before I let social media likes and cheerfulness get to my head too much. Sorry in advance for flooding the gallery section a bit...
First out a sandblasted/rusticared Eskimo or Ukulele if you will.
Measurements
Length: 141 mm
Height: 38 mm
Width: 46 mm
Depth: 30 mm
Diameter: 20 mm
Weight: 45 g

Thanks for your time!
Charl

Re: Eskimo

Post by Charl »

It's not easy!
Go and have a good look at Eltang's, I think you'll find much more than I can un-eloquently say.
socrates

Post by socrates »

Love the shape and your pipe. Thanks for showing us.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
Lundell

Post by Lundell »

Charl wrote:It's not easy!
Go and have a good look at Eltang's, I think you'll find much more than I can un-eloquently say.
Again with the Eltang remark?! You said the same thing with the last Eskimo I posted here! Still holds true though, so I guess it's ok... :wink: :lol:
The thing is I shouldn't be trying to make Eskimos at all since I don't have either briar nor ebonite wide enough to make them look proper. I guess I could scale the whole thing down, but then it would end up a tiny little pipe. It's just such a fun shape to make I can't stop myself! :oops:
Charl

Post by Charl »

Oh yes, fun it most definitely is! When pipemaking stops being fun, that's when I'll stop.