Pipe set

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Albert.A

Pipe set

Post by Albert.A »

Hello everyone.

A while back I finished this pipe set that a friend of my uncle ordered some months ago. He wanted one billiard for himself, and one that he will give as a birthday gift to an old employer who will visit Sweden this june. He wanted to make the gift a little more special than "just" a pipe with a bag, so he asked of I'd be willing to make a box for it, kinda like a gift box. I said that I could try because I havn't really done anything like this before.

It was my own idea to make the box into a pipe stand, and the reason is that I don't want my hard work to be put away in some drawer after the gift is given and all is done, so I hope the guy who will get the pipe and box will use it as intended. :)

After all is said and done I feel happy with the result and the customer think it looks exelent (from the photos he's seen).

The box is made from cocobolo and the handle and supporting cup is boxwood.

I didn't take all the photos of the pipes themselves because at this point I know what makes a classical billiard. ;)

Please tell me what you think! :)

Oh, nd the pics turned out hazy for some reason, sorry :oops:

/Albert
Attachments
DSC_0464.JPG
(66.56 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
DSC_0465.JPG
(84.62 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
DSC_0466.JPG
(81.09 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Perfection is key, but damn near impossible to achieve!

https://www.facebook.com/albertsmokingpipes
sandahlpipe

Re: Pipe set

Post by sandahlpipe »

Nice pipes!

I think just a little less chin on the profile would make the shape come together nicely. The bottom of the bowl looks a little too pudgy.

Other than that, I think you've got some nice work going on!
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com