Acorn "Ojo"

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
maxmil

Acorn "Ojo"

Post by maxmil »

This pipe dedicate it to the magnificent adventure film entitled "The Crimson Pirate",1952, directed by Robert Siodmak and starring Burt Lancaster, Eva Bartok, Nick Cravat, Torin Thatcher, James Hayter, Noel Purcell, Margot Grahame, and Christopher Lee. In the film, Nick Cravat plays the character named "Eye".
Burt Lancaster and Nick Cravat lived in the same neighborhood, they met at a camp at age nine and maintained a friendship, railway like few others, until the end of his days. Being very young, together they tried their luck in the circus world, where they created the duo "Lang and Cravat".
Best regards.
Félix

Esta pipa se la dedico a la magnífica película de aventuras titulada “El Temible Burlón” (The Crimson Pirate), del año 1952, dirigida por Robert Siodmak, e interpretada por Burt Lancaster, Eva Bartok, Nick Cravat, Torin Thatcher, James Hayter, Noel Purcell, Margot Grahame, y Christopher Lee. En la película, Nick Cravat interpreta al personaje cuyo nombre es “Ojo”.
Burt Lancaster y Nick Cravat vivíeron en el mismo barrio, se conocieron en un campamento a los nueve años y mantuvieron una amistad, férrea como pocas, hasta el fin de sus días. Siendo muy jóvenes, juntos probaron suerte en el mundo del circo, donde crearon el dúo "Lang y Cravat".
Saludos.
Félix

DocAitch

Re: Acorn "Ojo"

Post by DocAitch »

Pretty pipe and very well executed. I like the juxtaposition of blast and smooth.
However, I am a clumsy guy and the thinness of the shank at the bowl makes me nervous. I drop too many of my pipes for various reasons and am sure that I would break this one.
Perhaps for a more careful smoker. Sigh!
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
JMG

Post by JMG »

I think I would have liked it better without the smooth part on the top of the bowl and the bend in the stem seems a little too severe. That being said, this is one of my favorite shapes and I really like this one over all. The reverse taper on the shank was done really nicely.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Félix
DocAitch wrote:Pretty pipe and very well executed. I like the juxtaposition of blast and smooth.
However, I am a clumsy guy and the thinness of the shank at the bowl makes me nervous. I drop too many of my pipes for various reasons and am sure that I would break this one.
Perhaps for a more careful smoker. Sigh!
DocAitch
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Félix
JMG wrote:I think I would have liked it better without the smooth part on the top of the bowl and the bend in the stem seems a little too severe. That being said, this is one of my favorite shapes and I really like this one over all. The reverse taper on the shank was done really nicely.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

You always come up with something very unique and beautiful!!!
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

You always come up with something very unique and beautiful!!!
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Beautiful and unique!!!
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Félix
pipedreamer wrote:Beautiful and unique!!!