FNG

Tell us who you are.
Jeff_Grivers

FNG

Post by Jeff_Grivers »

Hi all,

I Just got my membership approved today and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeff Grivers and i live in Rhode Island. I have been making pipes for 2 years now and its been a great experience watching my work grow from the first pipe to now. Didn't think this would be so addicting but i am always so anxious to see what that next block of briar has in store. I still have a ton to learn and experiment with and i look forward to soaking up any information as well as criticism i can find here. If anyone is around the Rhode Island/Massachusetts and would be open to meeting in person whether for a coffee/beer or in the pipe shop i could use some mentoring :) Cheers

Years a pipe smoker: 8
How you got into pipe making: My grandfather smoked a pipe for most of his life i can still remember that smell in his shop. Once he passed away his pipe was left behind in my room where he had been staying the week before he passed. I picked it up and started smoking it and have been ever since. It brought back the good memories of him. I have never been the type to sit on the sidelines and watch and i have always liked woodworking so once i started buying pipes naturally i wanted to try my own hand at making them.
Other interesting facts: I am also a motorcycle enthusiast, I used to road race and race motocross in my younger days and I still ride motocross to this day.