Georgia Boy Living in LAlaland

Tell us who you are.
Liberthorn

Georgia Boy Living in LAlaland

Post by Liberthorn »

Years a pipe smoker: On and Off since 18

How you got into pipe making: I’ve been woodworking since I was 16, I made one pipe a few months ago and can’t stop. It is definitely been one of the more challenging, artistic, and rewarding woodworking mediums. I was fortunate enough to get 25 blocks of an old fruiting cherry tree from my family farm and made pipes with them. Only 4 turned out alright and they are still amateur at best, but hey I'm addicted now. :twisted:

Other interesting facts: I wear a few hats. I’ll give a brief, short history of me so that you can better understand.
At 16 I started remodeling homes with a private contractor. At 21 I decided to get a music degree in Music Technology for recording studio building (and recording :D ). After I graduated I worked in and on a few recording studios and then moved to LA. I now help run and maintain a private recording studio in the valley with my business partner. I still work as a contractor remodeling homes (usually kitchens and bathrooms). I balance between woodworking, contracting, and recording.

Other fun fact: My family owns a farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains (in VA). I get to start my own little project with my Grandfather and Brother, we got a portable band saw mill! So in the off season or slow moments I get to mill wood with the family.

I look forward to learning more from all of you, this site has helped me so much already. Maybe one day I will be able to contribute.