Mo985

Tell us who you are.
Mo985

Mo985

Post by Mo985 »

Years a pipe smoker: Almost a full year?
Messed around with smoking a pipe after HS, didn't understand it, dropped it. picked it back up in 2014, had a good 6-8 mo run, but didn't have any "piping buddies" so I lost interest. Started up again last month (sep '19) and have really been concentrating on my technique and trying to "taste" the tobacco. I have much more respect for it now, than I did when I was 18-19.

How you got into pipe making: I've always been a woodworker, since I was about 10. always had a knack for DIY and doing things myself. I bought a kit, and it arrives today! I've been lurking for awhile, admiring the work you guys do! AWESOME!! It has really inspired me.

Other interesting facts: I've been a Army Helicopter Mechanic for the last 22 years, and am currently an instructor at the schoolhouse. Heavily involved in Boy Scouts, both as a youth (Eagle Scout 1992) and currently with my son being a scout.
Sasquatch

Re: Mo985

Post by Sasquatch »

I think a lot of us are mixed up in that murky area where you are trying to get the ultimate pipe experience from the perfect pipe, it's a fun chase.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
AmishMike

Re: Mo985

Post by AmishMike »

Mo,
Thank you for your service!

I'm not quite sure where you are in Pa. but we might be neighbors, sorry.

-AmishMike