Locations?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
AmishMike

Locations?

Post by AmishMike »

Is there a way to find handmade pipes for sale in stores? I realize that most pipes from people on this site are sold before they are finished which is why they don't end up in the 'For Sale' section here. My question is are there any out in the wild? Seems like if you know who/where they are you can find them but that is about it.
I have Boswell's here in Chambersburg, Pa and 'Tobacco Company' in Lemoyne/Hershey has a couple of locally made pipes (not sure whose yet). I know that there must be more out there. Of course I will be travelling with the holidays coming up and would love to find some treasures along the way.
Even finding decent little smoke shops is tough, mostly what you find online are the big stores.
UnderShade

Re: Locations?

Post by UnderShade »

I was at Edwards Pipe and Tobacco here in Englewood, CO yesterday and they have pipes by local makers, Just ask the proprietor of your local store or call around.
n80

Re: Locations?

Post by n80 »

The Briary outside of Birmingham, Alabama has a store and sells online. I've never been there but plan to stop there on my next trip out to Mississippi. It looks like he has a variety of handmade pipes but a number of the maker names I do not recognize. I did notice that quite a few shown on the website are 'sold'.

The small tobacco shops in the region I live in tend to have few pipes and most of them are mid to low range in terms of costs and nothing handmade.

George