Pipe #4 for me...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
achduliebe

Pipe #4 for me...

Post by achduliebe »

Although, not completely happy and therefore finished with the buffing...here is my 4th pipe making attempt! Thoughts, advice, observations are welcomed.

For a look at all the pics that I have posted for this pipe, please go to:

www.geocities.com/achduliebe

Thanks for taking a gander...please provide feedback.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
magruder

Post by magruder »

I like the shape. It reminds me of a Dan Pipe or a Gert Holbek.
The shank is a bit porky at the junction to the bowl IMHO.
But that is a small niggle.
I really like the opening in the bit.
Very nice 4th pipe pal. :thumb:
Best,
Steve
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, the shank bowl junction is a bit deep, but it is actually very thin and has a V shape to flow with the V shape of the bowl. It was not really planned that way, I just kind of stumbled into it and decided to keep the V shape up and into the bit and then drop it into a kind of half saddle.

As for the opening in the bit, I did my last pipe that way and now this one. The last one went home with my Mom's cousin, to Germany...so I did not have a chance to smoke it and test it out. So, this pipe was for me and will be going with me on vacation tomorrow, where I plan on giving it a run. The flow of it seems to be very smooth, I think it will smoke great. If so, all my bits will be made in this fashion.

Once again, thanks for taking a look and thanks for the encouragement.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

That´s not bad for a fourth attemt, and i really mean it. Rough top and the swing at the bottom is catching the eye. congratulations!!!!
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thank you very much smokepiper, for the gracious comments. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Bryan you did a great job on the button and the airway--the top shank/stem line looks good but the lower line looks wavy. It's a nice 4th pipe--just keep working on your lines concentrating to keep them clean and elegant.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Impressive! :thumb:
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
marks

Post by marks »

Looks good for your fourth pipe. I don't have anything to add to what has already been said. Keep up the good work.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thanks guys for the comments and words of encouragement, I really really appreciate it. Yeah the line on the bottom is wavy coming from the bit to the bottom of the bowl. I might go back and work on that.

Once again, thanks a lot!
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Just thought I would add a little update about this pipe. I just got home from vacation, where I had the opportunity to smoke this pipe. It smoked amazingly well! I was very pleased to say the least!
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com