My pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Odissey

My pipes

Post by Odissey »

Good day!

I already wrote in the introduction that I was struck by the Stephen Downie pipe and I decided to try to do something like that. Children have grown up. Wipe their noses no longer needed, they themselves cope with everything. I have long been looking for something to do. I do not like to sit idle. Just looking for something to do on the approaching retirement. And I thought, why not try to do something like that, and suddenly I like it. On the Russian Internet I took information on how to make pipes. There was only an electric drill on hand, a pair of files, and sandpaper from the nearest store. With this set of tools, I started learning how to cut pipes.

All that I managed to do in 10 months, of course, I will not show, because among the first pipes there were also those on which I learned to hold an instrument in my hands. Or I watched how briar combines with various materials such as malachite, turquoise or cupronickel. Before that, I had never worked with a tree, well, maybe it’s just to hang the doors in the house or lay the parquet. I’ve never even tried to cut something.

Therefore, all that you will see is, in general, not pipes, but simply lessons learned. None of the pipes were manufactured for the purpose of its sale. But if any of you is interested in a pipe, I’m ready to discuss its price.

I’ll start the review with the second pipe called “Bull”
This is a reverse calabash. At the very beginning of the journey I had access to a lathe and I managed to make a couple of stems on it. Now there is no such possibility. As there is no opportunity to buy a lathe.
The stem is made entirely of delrin

This pipe lies perfectly in the hand of a bull’s horns do not interfere. But much later, I realized that this pipe is unlikely to be smoked. Her shelf space.
The next pipe that I will show you is the sixth in a row. I really wanted to make a Canadian pipe (In Russia, pipes with a long shank are called Canadian).
But I must admit, I do not really like the classic form of pipes
Therefore, my first Canadian pipe turned out like this.

When I did this, I did not know that there should be sharp edges on the pipe, at least in some places. And here they clearly should be at the bottom of the tobacco chamber.

That's all for today. I will try to spread two, maybe even three pipes each day. Ahead will be the classic form of pipes. Let's go in order.

If you have questions, ask. I will try to answer everything.

It will be difficult for us to communicate because of the time difference. But this is not the worst of what could happen to us.

I am new to smoking pipes, I am new to this forum. Therefore, there is a proposal that violates the rules of this forum. It would be more convenient for me that all communication with me would be in this topic. I have questions about making tubes, and there are some secrets to making tubes that I can share. I can show those simple tools that I use. And it would be more convenient for me if all our communication was concentrated in one topic.
If you do not mind let me know.
Once again, I apologize for my English, I have to fight with a translator, he will translate the word “pipe” like “phone” or “tube”. And this is just what I noticed. And how much I missed ....

Regards, Odissey
Masonrygh

Re: My pipes

Post by Masonrygh »

Hey there man,

Very pretty pipes. If you're looking for critique, it's hard for us to give you advice because they're such non-standard shapes. I'd recommend making some more traditional pipes if you're looking for critique.
“Tools don’t make pipes” -SandahlPipe
“Every Pipe is a Billiard” -SandahlPipe
"Plan your work, work your plan" -Walt Cannoy
scottygod

Re: My pipes

Post by scottygod »

These are amazing!