Two new princes.

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Odissey

Two new princes.

Post by Odissey »

Good afternoon again!
After fish and horse, let's move on to the classic shapes. Last night I uploaded the photos to the cloud again and I hope that today I can show everything.
I finished doing two more princes in the English style on Thursday last week. The first weighs 26 grams, the second 25 grams, but the reason for this is only that I used a thinner stainless tube for the inverse spike. The first has a 23 x 19 mm tobacco chamber, the second has 24.5 x 19 mm.
In the first prince, I used the stem that I have left from the cracked prince.
The princes turned out to be not quite classical in shape. The fact is that I really wanted to get away from the shape of the pot and I quite strongly raised the line that forms the bottom edge in the front of the bowl.

this led to the fact that now it is impossible to make the cup symmetrical in all projections, so that it remains a prince.

And then the same first prince.

After the first prince was finished, it became possible to twist it in your hands and carefully consider what needs to be corrected in it in order to make it more beautiful The first could no longer be corrected. A new stem had to be made. And I was too lazy to do it. The old stem left over from the cracked prince left no room for the first prince to fix.
For the second prince, I had to learn how to make a slot 45 mm deep, which, with its 1.8 mm thickness, turned out to be quite difficult. The width of the slot at my exit is usually 8 mm, where it meets the 4 mm hole, the slot is usually 6 mm wide. Everything was done only on the second attempt. I killed the first stem. But now I have the technology to do it.
Second prince.
Photo

There is a question. Without a lathe, it is quite difficult to make an exact circle on the shank and stem where they join Therefore, sometimes it turns out that the outer circle is not coaxial with the hole for the smoke channel. It is clear that here the shank does not rotate as in billiards or lovat and has a fixed position, but still how critical is such misalignment of the circles? Is it acceptable?

Best regards Odissey